Checkouts but no sales..

Tourist
70 0 2
please answer
Hey guys, I tested my first product, 160 sessions, 8 checkout, 0 purchases, why? What can I do? (Free shipping, the price is low, 23.99$)
https://aa-patents.com/collections/outdoor/products/powerful-flashlight-xhp50-xhp70

I don’t expect to find a winner first try, but it got 8 checkouts and no sales..
And I did a test purchase..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
170 8 27

Hello!

Ren here from the Shopify Support team.

Thanks for reaching out with your concerns. It looks like you are certainly hitting all the marks in terms of your product testing. When I attempted a test order, I noticed that the checkout only allowed me to pay with PayPal -I was not given a credit card option. This could be the reason why you didn't see any conversions, especially because your product page indicates that more payment options are available before check out: 

14-48-ecjt0-ksen7

The customers that checked out may not have had PayPal or have chosen not to use PayPal and would prefer their credit card for online payments. Giving your customers a credit card payment gateway option is going to improve your sales so I would absolutely recommend setting one up! Based on this previous post of yours I noticed that you are in Israel. You can view a list of payment gateways available to you here. Since we've touched on that question here, I will go ahead and close your other thread but please feel free to ask about related questions here.

Once you have that set-up, I recommend updating your product page to accurately reflect what payment options you accept based on your gateway.

I like your product! I think you've done a thorough job creating an informative product page. I recommend applying that thoroughness to your entire site to help build customer trust. Here is a great article on the topic of trust building when you haven't made any sales yet  with the key points being engagement and content.

I noticed your site doesn't have any social media links yet. Do you run a Facebook or Instagram business page? Having this component will also aide you in achieving sales, especially when you are active on the accounts. You can read more about social media marketing strategies here. If you are already up and running on social media - that's great! Be sure to add the relevant icons and links to your pages. Usually this can be found within your theme sections. If not, we have a tutorial you can check out here.

There is always more that can be done to improve the look, functionality and overall trustworthiness of an online store. If you are interested in learning more, I highly recommend reading this forum post here which covers what every store's foundation must be to be set up for success.

Let me know if you'd like any clarification or have any troubles implementing the suggestions above!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes