Checkouts but no sales

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all! I started my cosmetics drop shipping store two weeks ago and have no sales yet. Despite hitting 2.7k views on my website, I have zero sales. I have practically done everything I can, however, I'm not sure why there are no conversions. As I am from India, I cannot test my PayPal account as well to see if its working well. I am struggling to find a good payment gateway for USA customer base as well. Attached are stats. The purchases shown are only test order attempts made by COD. 

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 7.33.40 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi @stuti,

Hyde here from Shopify.

As I cannot see your site, I do have a few points to make that you will want to look at with your business practice.

Crucially, your site is only one part of the customer's journey. So you will want to focus a lot of your time on your marketing funnel. This is very important and here us why.

You'll notice that a recurring theme is a focus on tackling the right customer "type" or persona with your ads, on having top quality Copy on your product pages, and on having regular fresh content on your site to establish yourself as an authority in the field and to boost your SEO rankings.

So think about your target customer: Who are they? What magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech? There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

Here are some Blogs on Facebook Ads

How to Set Up Facebook Ads

An introduction to Facebook Ads6 types of Facebook Ads

Here are resources for considering how to create and constantly generate content:

Two popular ways of generating content is through:

And here is how you can keep your SEO looking good:

I would highly recommend this store launch checklist and our SEO Checklist Going through these when you feel you are ready to launch can be invaluable, allowing you to double-check that you haven’t missed any key features, just before you go live.

Here are a few things you can do to help drive traffic to your store. The first thing is to get acquainted with SEO good practices. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and will allow your store to be found more easily through Google, etc. Here is a really helpful guide on how to get started with this. I also have more general information on that here. I have a few more steps that you can take for good SEO here:

Here’s how you can look up keywords to help boost your site’s ranking.

Also here are some general blog posts on how to make sales:

How to Build and Launch a Profitable Store

How to Make Your First Sale

How to make your First 10 Sales

There are a lot of ways you might look at improving your conversion rate and there is no one correct method for all stores and business types. Given that, we’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimizing your conversion rate. There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend.

It will always be up to you as the store owner to brand, market, and research for your business; though hopefully, the resources above will provide you with some leads to pursue.

If you would prefer to get some professional help with your marketing for your store you can consider hiring a Shopify Expert Marketer. Experts are professional service providers that have a track record of working with Shopify stores.

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Hyde, thanks for your advice! appreciate it.

Please check out my site as well- https://www.sohocosmeticsstore.com 

And if you could help me change the colour of the add to cart button, that'd be great!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
90 5 21

Hi @stuti

Congratulations on your store and the impressive amount of views!!

It would be nice if you can provide your website URL so that I could give you more customized and helpful suggestions, however, with the amount of traffic you drove to your website, retargeting campaigns would be an effective way to tackle this issue  and increase purchase conversion. Retargeting campaigns are used to remind customers of the products they are interested in after they leave the website with very kinds of creatives. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn about this Ako Retargeting here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b.

Good luck on it! 

0 Likes