Chinese Domain Name Scams

Highlighted

Well they are at it again.   We received the following email from over the pond.  I played with them for awhile as its fun to play with scammers, especially the dumb ones that use the EXACT same wording on their scams for years now.

Just beware that any emails you receive to your Shopify company email addresses regarding similar topics about your domain name or trademark in China are 100% SCAM!

Shopify needs to block the domain these are coming from which is:  iprn.org.cn

Dear Sir,

The serious affair is about your company name tejasbotanicals registration,please forward it to your company's leader.

We are the organization engaging in registering brand name and domain names.Recently we received the registration application from Shanghai Wan Co.,Ltd,they want to register the tejasbotanicals brand name and some domain names. As an authoritative and responsible registrar,we need to confirm if the company is your company's cooperative partner. Also we need to verify whether you have allowed the company to apply these names.

Waiting for your response.

Best Regards, 

Christine Yang
Senior Manager
Address:860 Wangjiang road,Shushan District,Hefei Anhui, China 
Tel: (+86) 073 95215  980
Fax:(+86) 073 95215  980

The last email I got before I blocked their domain name was: 

Hi, I am Christine Yang. We had discussed the case about disputing your company's domain names and Brand name. You have never registered these domain names and Brand name, and I had told you that the domain name registration is open. The dispute period will come soon. If your company does not register these domain names and Brand name, we will finish aforesaid company registration within 2 workdays. that company will become the legal owner of these domain names in the world. We had notified you, so we are not responsible for any dispute question about your intellectual property right and trademark after they succeed in registration. If you have any questions, pls contact us within 2 workdays.

Best Regards, 

Christine Yang

Senior Manager

Address:860 Wangjiang road,Shushan District,Hefei Anhui, China 
Tel: (+86) 073 95215  980
Fax:(+86) 073 95215  980

0 Likes