Click & Collect

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello

I am having major issues implementing some kind of click & collect on my site.

I have a warehouse where I dispatch internet orders from which has its own inventory and I have x 10 brick and mortar stores again where each one has its own inventory.

The issue I have is I cannot use the Shopify collect in store as to use this you have to also set the collect in store location to 'sell online'. By doing this if someone orders from my site it may oversell the product as it is also available in one of the b&m stores which is not good. The way we are set up it is not suitable for my stores to ship or part ship orders.

Can anyone suggest a way around this?

Ideally I would like the customer to see the stock levels on the product screen, select where they wish to purchase it on the product page i.e online for shipping or click and collect with a list of b&m locations, and for any location displayed text stating if its in stock or not.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @Mike_Cooper!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. It's awesome to hear you're wanting to implement click and collect on your website. The great thing about click and collect is that your customers can choose their preference of having an order shipped or pick it up instore. You're able to set individual inventory for each location as well. This means each of your 10 physical locations is able to have its own inventory set. This would not affect your "Warehouse" stock, as that would be counted separately and only show availability if it's available at that location. You're also able to show your customers the level of stock as well.

You need to complete the following before you can offer local pickup:

• Verify that the fulfillment priority order for your online orders is set up to meet your business needs.
  • Stock inventory at each pickup location.
  • Disable any pickup apps.
  • Ensure that each person who is preparing items for pickup or marking orders as picked up has access to your Shopify admin.
  • Update any location names so that customers can understand where to go to pickup their order.
  • Let each pickup location fulfill online orders.

This also means that non-pickup online orders can take inventory from your pickup or retail locations. Make sure that you review your fulfillment priority and modify it if necessary.

To set up your local pickup, follow these steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery.
  2. Under Local pickup, click Manage beside the location that you want to enable. If you have several locations, then click Show more to display all your locations.
  3. You must have a location set up already before you can select it.
  4. Select This location offers local pickup.
  5. Under Information at checkout, change the settings to meet your needs.
  6. Optional: Under Order ready for pickup notification, enter pickup instructions for customers.
  7. Click Save.

We have a guide that will walk you through every step, plus more specifics when offering local pickup. You can find the guide here: https://bit.ly/35yDar1. This can be used with our without Shopify POS.

If this leaves you with more questions, please feel free to reply to this thread and I'll be happy to help out with anything else.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes