Close a development store

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

So I closed a development store by clicking on the Close store in Accounts page. However, the store still does show in Shopify partners listing. Do I have to wait for days for it to be completely removed? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

Hey, @justine123!

Once a store is closed, the store name will remain in your list of development stores as there isn't currently a way to remove an inactive account from this area. You'll notice that the status will change from "Active" to "Plan Changed" and you will no longer have access to the stores' admin. Is there a reason why you'd prefer to have it removed? 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, I was just playing around Shopify so I made a development store. I thought that can be deleted after. We have another development store so that one isnt really used.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for the context! There are two routes that we could go here. 

1. We can keep things as is. The store is closed and will remain closed; however, it will continue to appear in your list of development stores. For this, I have also submitted product feedback to our Partners team as I can see why it would be a nuisance to have closed stores appear. Hopefully, they can get something added in the future that would allow users to remove inactive accounts. 

2. If the account didn't have an invoice, we could look into reactivating the account which would then allow you to archive the store which would give you a more desired outcome as it would hide the store from the development store list. There wouldn't be an issue with it remaining an active account as it won't penalize you in any way. 

Let me know your thoughts!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I tried to archived the store but when I select the filter 'Store is archived', nothing shows in the list...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

The archive feature will only work if the account is left active. If you've tested with an active account, and you're unable to successfully archive it, then let me know as I can get that looked into. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Peter I just ran across a similar scenario as the person who created this post. We are also an agency that have found at times that it makes more sense to delete no longer needed "dev" stores that team members may have accidentally created. Our Archived section has SO many past and present clients that it would be nice to be able to clean up and permanently delete when we can/need to. Ideally, this is a master permission of some sort and not available to all of our organization.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

Hey, @akinkeade!

Thank you for expressing your feedback for how old, unused & unneeded development stores appear in your partner account. I've added your vote to the existing feature request so our Shopify Partners product team can review your feedback. Hopefully, we'll be able to see this change soon, as I can see why it would be beneficial to have. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 6

Can you add my vote too please? It's driving me mad that I've got old dev stores in my dashboard that I can't archive OR delete!

Thank you so much :)

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

@bekahmcdonald 

Sure thing! I've added your vote. 

0 Likes