Close store, still charged?

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

So, I went to close my store because my hours at work were reduced to the point that I can no longer afford the monthly fees for the store and app.

But, when I went to close, my card was charged right then? What is this? The entire point was that I couldn't afford it, and it actually drove my account negative from the charge. This is the ONLY subscription service I've ever used that actually charged as you closed, and my account was already in a paid billing cycle, it's not like I was behind on the payment and they had to collect. This is so infuriating. There wasn't even like a warning that the next month's payment would be extracted.

Is there a way to get a refund for this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 77 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ebasics101,

Hank here from Shopify!

By the sound of things, it may be an additional charge, like a transaction fee or third party app charges which may not be refundable.

But as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you. -Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This also happened to me. This is very frustrating, due no person i can call or email for my problem. I have the same charge as the other gentleman.  Would someone be able to reach out to me someway to resolved the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I requested my account closed due to the fact i do not use it and this was for $14.00 monthly and as of today they are still charging me, I need this to be resolve as soon as possible. 

1 Like