Closed 14 day trial store, can't delete personally owned domain.

Highlighted
2 0 0

I started a 14 day free trial and linked a domain that I purchased and currently own. I changed my mind and wanted to change back to the GoDaddy website builder as I still had the rest of the month paid for. I closed my Shopify shop not knowing that you have to pay for a plan to reopen it. Now every time someone else or I try to go on my website it redirects me to the myshopify.shopify.com domain that you originally get when you first sign up. So when you search my site it brings you to the myshopify domain with a text saying "Sorry, this shop is unavailable." Is there anyway I can get in to delete my domain from my Shopify shop so it can redirect me to my GoDaddy website? Please help!! Maybe a support member and I can email about this problem. Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi JulianG,

You could try go daddy and transfer the domain back. Essentially you just need your domain to be linked back to GoDaddy. Did you have a website built and customized with Godaddy? If so, you should log into your GoDaddy account and check things out. It would be a lot easier to help via a screenshare. Maybe call support tomorrow morning if you cannot figure it out? Could be a lot of things- but it can be fixed unless you nuked your original GoDaddy website.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I did have a fully functioning website through GoDaddy. I checked it out on there and it says the domain is linked to it. I clicked publish on the godaddy site and it said it could take a few minutes to publish, so maybe it'll fix itself soon. Although it's been about an hour since I clicked publish and it still takes me to the Shopify page saying "Sorry, this store is unavailable" 

Pic #1 shows that my domain is linked to GoDaddy and states that it is published. Nothing else I can do there.
Pic #2 shows what happens when I click publish on the GoDaddy site builder. When I click the link it does show my original site but the domain is different.
Pic #3 shows what happens when you type my site (www.nightmarestudios1.com) in the search bar. As you can see underlined in green it brings up the shopify domain and not my own.

Hope this helps a little more. If there are other pics you would like to see of what I'm going through please let me know and I can upload more.

Thank you guys!
#1#1#3#3#2#2
0 Likes