Closed store and they keep billing me.

Highlighted
1 0 0
Due to Covid, our non-profit closed our account in April 2020 yet we continue to be invoiced.  I have email and even tried to call but of course there is no one to talk to.

I am thinking you are taking advantage of us based on the conditions.

I need to billing to stop and refunded to the day I closed the store.  I followed all instructions since I couldn't get any additional help.

If I don't get any response ASAP I will take to all social media to slam the support at shopify.

Karen Benefield
Compliance@nwal.org

Store is NWAL.org
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
521 34 74

Hello, @karenbnwal.

Sophia here from Shopify. I understand how frustrating it must be to see unexpected charges after you closed a Shopify store, and I want to make sure this issue is resolved for you as soon as possible.

I believe you were in touch with our Support team on Facebook recently, is that correct? If you have an open ticket number, please share that with me here. While I can't discuss the account details here on the forums in the interest of your account security, I can absolutely follow up with you via email to ensure that we locate and stop these charges.

For your reference, as well as for anyone else coming across this post, I would like to clarify a few things about store closures and billing.

Final invoices and app charges

Closed stores can still receive a final invoice if there were any outstanding charges on the account prior to closing. However, this would be one invoice only, not ongoing monthly charges. If you're receiving charges monthly, there could either still be an open account with the payment method active, or there could be an app subscription with charges outside of Shopify involved that wasn't cancelled before closing the store.

I appreciate that you followed the steps to close the account tied to NWAL.org. We can take a look to confirm whether that store was closed properly and whether it is the account the charges are appearing on. In the event that the charges are not coming from that account, our team will need more information about the charges in order to find out where they're coming from and help you resolve the issue.

Locating unknown charges

Billing and other sensitive account information can only be discussed with the account owner on file, so authentication via email is necessary in order to investigate and discuss charges on a specific account.

When you're positive a store was closed (not paused or frozen) and you're still receiving charges, the fastest way for us to locate those charges is through the invoice number. Any recent Shopify invoice charges appearing on your bank statement should include an 8-digit invoice number in the statement descriptor.

If you don't see an invoice number, our Account Integrity team can instead search for the card being charged and remove it from the system if it is still attached to a Shopify store. This can be done through verifying the payment information with us via email (please don't share any information about your payment method in this public space).

-

I appreciate any more detail you can provide, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes