Closed store still charged

Highlighted
1 0 0

Put simply I closed my shopify store months ago, I check my email to 9 emails from them threatening to freeze my (already closed, so i thought) store due to lack of payment, next thing you know, somehow payments go through and I've been charged 38 dollars a month for 3 months without even knowing. 

I go to log into my store, it's open, So im like huh? I close the store again, only to be charged 9$ for closing the store.

Anyway my store is now closed for the second time,

I call shopify to ask about the payments, and also to find out HOW they even went through because I replaced my debit card Two months ago!!! so I don't even know how this is possible

Anyway, I call shopify only to be told I need a pin number to talk to them.... So, I go to log into pin.shopify.com using my store name, it doesn't work, so i go to log into my store, and only NOW is it completely closed so I cant even get a pin number to talk to shopify about my missing $100+, or the mystery 9$ fee, and ontop of it all there is a virus threatening human civilization as we know it... do I just kiss my 100$ good bye? 

My situation, Shopify hasnt responded to my emails, I cant make  a ticket regarding my problem because my shop is closed, I cant call shopify to resolve this because its denying the ability to create a pin number, I closed my shopify store months ago. Not sure why it's opened, and I'm not sure why closing the store ACTUALLY closed it this time, doing this resulted in the inability to create a pin number so that's why i am posting this here

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hi, @pleasehelplol

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting to our support. While we do recommend using a PIN to verify the account, it is not required and should allow you to enter the phone queue by listening through the message. Though, I do know there have been recent reports of individuals being unable to connect to our support, which is currently being investigated. 

It is hard to give an exact answer behind why you were charged without verifying the account. However, I can speculate. From the information you provided, the account had a pending invoice, which our systems were unable to charge successfully. If you attempted to close the account, the invoice would have needed to be paid for. If that failed during the cancellation process, then it would keep the store open until it went frozen due to non-payment. What I suspect happened is the store went frozen but was reactivated by signing in at a later date, which caused the additional charge(s). When you noticed and tried to close the see store again, the final invoice would have been for any pending app charges that would have applied to the account at that time. 

Nevertheless, I would like to help get this looked into so we can work towards a solution. For this, I have sent an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" so that I can verify the account. If you can reply there, then we can get the ball rolling. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

the SAME EXACT thing happened to me. and i want my money back as well. i tried closing the store over a month ago and they said it did. come to find out they charged me TWICE! so i log into it after i seen that it charged my card AGAIN. Tried calling, they wanted a PIN, i was hung up on as well. If i don’t get my money back, all i can think of is suing Shopify. Many people that i’ve talked to has happened to them. and i am not pleased with this “company” or whatever the heck you wanna call it!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@hayleerob 

That sounds like a pretty frustrating situation, especially when you believed the store was closed but ended up getting charged thereafter. I don't want to speculate on what happened, and why the system charged you without looking at the account first. In order to do this, I will need to verify the store via email which is why I have sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support." If you can reply to that email as soon as you're able to then I can help get your store reviewed. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes