Closing Paused Store

5 0 0

Hello,

As per the title, it seems that the only way to close a paused store can only be done if I select another plan to re-activate it again which means that I have to pay the subscription fee. And because of the paused store, I am also unable to contact any Shopify staffs for help on this. Was wondering if any of the admins is able to help me with this issue that I have? Preferably an option whereby I do not have to select another plan to close my paused store. Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
967 110 159

Hi, @k_lim,

Hank here from Shopify.

When you are pausing your store, you are given two options to do so. The pause and build, or the full pause plan. With the former, you are able to access the admin to make any additional changes needed to your store, whilst the checkout is disabled.

The latter which seems to be the option you have described is more for the times when you just need to step away from the store and not worry about the day-to-day running of it, etc. As this essentially closes the store, it removes the access to the admin and there is no charge for this plan. So what you are seeing when trying to select a plan, is a known feature as you would need to access the admin once again. 

Being unable to access the admin would be why the option to remove the store would not be available. As once you have access to the admin, you could then proceed to close your store. This can be done if you are moved to the pause and build plan, or if you select a paid plan from the plan screen you are shown. Then once your store is closed, you may be able to receive a refund of the monthly subscription by reaching out to the team, which I can assist you with.

I will mention that it is not possible to refund any domain charges as these are considered a payment for a yearly subscription, and all third-party apps would need to be approved by the app developer, but I may be able to refund your Shopify subscription.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

Good day @Hank , as per your instructions, I have just closed the store after selecting the paid plan. Could you assist me with the refund process?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
967 110 159

Thank you for confirming this.

As this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

0 Likes
5 0 0
Hi Hank,

Replying as requested - please kindly on what details would you require to
verify the account.

I have activated the shop's account as requested and saw the charges being
billed to my card - just waiting for the refund now. Am I right?

Please kindly advise. Thank you!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
967 110 159

I would need you to reply to the email I sent you on November, 27 to verify the store.

Did you receive this email? I sent it to the email associated with your Forum account, but it may have routed to your spam/junk folder. Can you confirm if this was received? 

If not, I can try to send this once again. 

0 Likes
5 0 0
Hi Hank,

I have already responded to the email dated 27-Nov. Please kindly refer to
the image below:

[image: Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 11.44.30 PM.png]

Hope this suffices! Appreciate your support!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
967 110 159

I checked again and can see no reply to the email I sent you last week?

Additionally, the screenshot did not upload, which is not a problem, but can you try this once more, or if you have a ticket number, I can search for this also.

0 Likes
5 0 0
Hi Hank,

I am getting 2 sets of communications. Your colleague Shirley has informed
me that everything is in order, the refund is in process and the shop is
officially closed.

While you are enquiring for more supporting documents - can you kindly sync
up on your end and let me know what is the verdict? Appreciate it!

Thank you!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
967 110 159

Thank you for clarifying.

I was just advising you to respond to my email so I could look into this further for you, but it appears you also reached out to the live chat team and got this resolved also.

That can happen when multiple agents are looking at the case, but you can disregard my email request, I am just happy you got this resolved!

Do let me know if you have any additional questions.

0 Likes