Closing a store

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello there,
I would like to close my store.
The store has been on "Pause" for a month now, When I try to log-in into the store the "Select a plan" screen jump up.
I wanna log in into the admin to release my domain and close billing but it seems i must select a plan and pay for it in order to do that.
Isnt that possible to log into my store without selecting a plan and pay?

Also, when Im clicking on the "Remove Store" nothing is happen... seems like a bug.

Also2, when i try to reach Shopify support it always bring me into the "Contact support" and again noting happen...

help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
593 79 109

Hi, @Serenity,

Hank here from Shopify.

When you are pausing your store, you are given two options to do so. The pause and build, or the full pause plan. With the former, you are able to access the admin to make any additional changes needed to your store, whilst the checkout is disabled.

The latter, however, is more for the times when you just need to step away from the store and not worry about the day to day running of it, etc. As this essentially closes the store, it removes the access to the admin and there is no charge for this plan. So what you are seeing when trying to select a plan, is a known feature as you would need to access the admin once again. 

Being unable to access the admin would be why the option to remove the store would not be available. As once you have access to the admin, you could then proceed to close your store. I would advise transferring your domain before closing your store also.

Then once your store is closed, you may be able to receive a refund of the monthly subscription by reaching out to the team, which I will detail below.

With regard to contacting the live support team, sorry to hear you have run into an issue. The team can be reached here, and to further assist you with the navigation, I have made you this short video showing how to reach the team which I will share with you

Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I'm trying to reach support for serval days...

no luck doing that...

when I press continue, it gets me to "ask about a topic"

Serenity_0-1597992862849.png

how can I get to the support directly?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

@Hank 

Hey please help, I can't reach the support!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
593 79 109

Hey, @Serenity,

Sorry to hear you were unable to reach out to the team. I was out of the office the past few days, so again I apologize for the slower response time from me.

Where you able to reach support without logging in? Alternatively, I am more than happy to assist you with this, and I can send you an email to verify your store, and that way I can securely assist you further with this.

I will send it to the email address attached to this forum's account and once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I respond to that email and no-one got me back.

Please make contact with me ASAP, I want to get this over with.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

please contact me, im seeking for support for more than 2 weeks!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
593 79 109

Thank you for your understanding with this.

I have emailed you advising of the steps needed to complete this action, and will happily continue to support you via the secure email thread.

0 Likes