Closing an expired Store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I have created a trial store and connected my domain to it. It expired before I could disconnect said domain and now i can't launch my new store without the domain. Is there a way to close down the expired store, since i don't need it but I need the domain connected to it?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
766 75 149

Hey there, @BShop 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

You would need a member of support to remove the domain from your original store so that you can connect it to the new one. I would be more than happy to do so. In order to gain access to your accounts, I will need to email you on the email you used to log in to Shopify, can you confirm that it is the same email that is listed here? Once I email you and get a response from you I will be able to get that done for you. 

While you are getting started I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars. These short tutorials takes you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Email that I've listed here is the email I'm using for the new shop. Email that I used for the old shop is : balkan.e.shop@gmail.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
766 75 149

Awesome, thanks for that @BShop! I have reached out to you on balkan.e.shop@gmail.com to get this ball rolling! 

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes