Closing an expired Store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I have created a trial store and connected my domain to it. It expired before I could disconnect said domain and now i can't launch my new store without the domain. Is there a way to close down the expired store, since i don't need it but I need the domain connected to it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Hey there, @BShop 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

You would need a member of support to remove the domain from your original store so that you can connect it to the new one. I would be more than happy to do so. In order to gain access to your accounts, I will need to email you on the email you used to log in to Shopify, can you confirm that it is the same email that is listed here? Once I email you and get a response from you I will be able to get that done for you. 

While you are getting started I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars. These short tutorials takes you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Email that I've listed here is the email I'm using for the new shop. Email that I used for the old shop is : balkan.e.shop@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Awesome, thanks for that @BShop! I have reached out to you on balkan.e.shop@gmail.com to get this ball rolling! 

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I'm Ari, I also having the same problem. I had my store candylandbali.com for couple of months but I barely made a sale so I decided to quit but I forgot to delete my account so my domain is still with Shopify. What should I do? My email is candylandbalibyandreya@gmail.com. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Hey there, @CDLBAri 

Thank you for reaching out. When I click on your domain it takes me to this page: 

This leads me to believe that the domain was removed from the admin it was associated with, however, the DNS records remained the same. Is this a third party theme or did you purchase it through Shopify? Do you want to use it on a Shopify store or move it to third party hosting? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bo

0 Likes
1 0 0

I would like to remove my domain from the expired store. Please help me .

The email id which i used for store is itsnyumee@gmail.com.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Hey there, @ruchajani 

I have gone ahead and reached out to you via email. If you respond to my email I will be able to remove that domain on your behalf. 

Please note that these older forums are not always monitored. If you are in a similar situation and wish to have a domain removed from an inactive Shopify store the best course of action would be to reach out to our support team directly via chat, email or, phone. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Bo. I do have same problem. is there an email that i need to send my details to Help me remove the domain in my expired account?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Bo, I have the exact same issue with my domain get stuck in my expired Shopify store. Would you be able to help me with this issue?

0 Likes