Closing an expired store

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi guys can you please please help me? I created a store and before it expired forgot to remove the domain that is now linked to it and now that I  want to launch the actual store I can't. Can anyone please help me? 

I have seen @Bo deal with this issue and would be grateful if you could assist. I have tried finding the chat option, let alone the email for support but I just haven't been able to win.

Your responses and assistance would be greatly apreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
387 31 53

Hey, @Sanelle!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I can absolutely see how this is a problem while trying to launch your new shop. I'm happy to help out! Before we jump into a solution, I'd like to get some more information from you. Could you please reply back here and let me know if the domain in question was purchased directly from Shopify, or a third-party domain host? 

While I'll be able to assist you through this, I see you mentioned having some trouble contacting our live chat and email support. For future reference, here are some steps you can take to contact our live chat and email: 

• To contact our support team, first head to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions and log into your store.
  • Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic.
  • Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Centre, but there will also be an option at the bottom of the page to contact us directly if you require further help.
  • Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available.
  • If you don't yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start and continue through the same process. 

With all that said, I'm looking forward to hearing back here so that we can get your domain issue sorted out together. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi Ash,

Thank you for your email, really means a lot to me a lot. The domain was
purchased through a third party.

Kind regards
Show quoted text
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Ash,  I haven't heard from you and I am still stuck with the same problem. Can you help me please?

Kind regards 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Ash, 

I haven't heard from you and I still need help. My domain was purchased through a third party and I can't get it back. 

Please please help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
387 31 53

Hi, @Sanelle!

Thank you for the additional information. I've sent an email with the next steps we need to take to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply back to that email, and once I receive your reply we can move forward with clearing the domain for use on your new account. Looking forward to hearing back via email! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes