Closing shopify

Danelle
2 0 0

Good evening, our friend assisted us in opening our shopify store and helping managing it. He is registered as the store owner. The friendship turned sour and we would like to delete and permanently close the shopify store and build a new one that he doesn’t have access to, otherwise he has access to all our information such as customers and cost prices. Please assist. The store is being paid by us and not by him, since the start.

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
355 37 63

Hi, @Danelle !

Sorry to hear you're in a situation like this. I'd be happy to help you through this. If the account indeed uses your credit card, we can verify you as the cardholder and have it removed from the account so that you won't be billed any further. From there you can start a fresh new shop. I've sent you an email so we can get you authenticated and take a look into this together.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Danelle
2 0 0

Good day @Oliver,

Thank you very much, that would help a lot. I have not received an e-mail yet. Our store e-mail is musclemedzvdbj@gmail.com. I then wait to hear from you.

Thank you once again.

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
355 37 63

Hi, @Danelle !

Thanks so much for emailing in and for following up with us here. This has been escalated to our Accounts team who will reach out to you as soon as they've reviewed this further. They handle tickets in the order that they come in so I wouldn't want to speculate on how long it may be. Once you're in contact with them, they'll be the best point of contact to help you through this situation though.

Warm regards!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes