Collection Page Description

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Could someone please tell me what code would need to be placed in order to have our 'Collection' descriptions appear on the first page of products ONLY? We have some collections that have 30+ pages of products, however, I would like the description to appear on only first page. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
248 9 57
{% if paginate.current_page == 1 %}{{collection.description}}{% endif %}

You would REPLACE the existing {{collection.description}} code in the collection.liquid template, with that line.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Thank you Paul - I did try that and the description is still appearing on all the pages, perhaps I have the code in the wrong area. This is where I replaced the code (BTW a former employee removed the {{ collection.description }} code altogether, so I put it back where I thought it should go and the descriptions reappeared, but as I said on all the pages). 

{% if collection.description != blank %}
<header class="section-header">
<!-- <h1 class="section-header--title h1">{{ collection.title }}</h1>
<div class="rte rte--header">
</div> -->

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
482 86 121

This is an accepted solution.

in collection-template file you have 2 places where the description is shown, make sure you have changed it in two places as well.

Check my screensthot:

mu86hQl

The first one is shown the collection has an image and the second one without an image collection, I guess you have put it in one but the other one is shown in frontend.

Author: Hovhannes Sargsyan (aka sarhov).
An individual web developer focused on Shopify development.
Need more help? Feel free to send me a direct message or drop an email shopify@sarhov.com

Email: shopify@sarhov.com
Telegram: @sarhov
Try Shopify free for 14 days,
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is this correct ( Shopify Brooklyn),,,Please help

<!-- /templates/collection.liquid -->
<div id="CollectionSection" data-section-id="{{ section.id }}" data-section-type="collection-template" data-grid-type="{{ section.settings.collection_products_grid }}">
{% include 'collection-template' %}
</div>

0 Likes