Collection image size

Highlighted
1 0 0

What is the recommended size (resolution) for the Collection image?

I couldnt find the right size/

Hello everyone nice to meet you!,good luck to all !!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 44

Hello!

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy to help with this!

When it comes to collection images, they can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels, but there isn't a specific size that you must use. With that being said, however, we typically suggest keeping your images around 2048 x 2048 px for high resolution square images. If your main concern is with having those images appear as the same size and shape, it's more important that they have a consistent aspect ratio, or height-to-width ratio. If you would like more information about image best practices, I'd suggest following this help guide here

As a side note, if you're looking for images for your website, check out Burst! Burst is a free stock photo platform that is powered by Shopify. The library includes thousands of high-resolution, royalty-free images that were shot by our global community of photographers. Using Burst images can save you lots of time and money, while helping make your website look very professional. 

I hope this helps with your image editing and selection. Definitely let us know if you have any other questions at all, we're here for you 24/7

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, I'm actually wondering about the 'collection feature image'. It's the image that appears at the top of the page, banner-style. Could you let me know the ideal size for this image? I've tried 4096 x 2304 but it's too high and the bottom is cut off. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

HI - I have found 1200 x 400 works but I use Canva.com to resize and position image 

0 Likes
I use 16:9 ratio for all of mine
1 year e-commerce, 7 years B&M store. www.shopbraeheid.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I did some looking at the automatic banner generated by Shopify for one of my collections, and found it was sized to 2048x600. 

So I created a new banner that size, and it works well: https://professor-petes-classroom.myshopify.com/collections/years-1-6-mathematics-pretests

2 Likes
Highlighted
Thank-you so much Peter for sharing. I'll be updating my collection photos with new dimensions
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Haha, I feel totally vindicated. I'm really a beginner, so I'm very happy that this helped.

1 Like
Highlighted

I don't have much time to tackle it today, but here is the effect your suggestion has had on a collection page:

Before:

https://shopbraeheid.com/collections/hoya

After: 

https://shopbraeheid.com/collections/philodendron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3
Hi Shaun

Sorry, I cannot tell which version you prefer.

It no doubt depends on the theme your store uses. Based on looking up the code underpinning my page, the size I tried works beautifully. But results will vary on different sites, for sure.
0 Likes