Collection image size

Highlighted
Much prefer the size you suggested.

The after link
1 year e-commerce, 7 years B&M store. www.shopbraeheid.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

HI I have the same question the best size for the collection image so that is either to small or to big in the homepage, I'm new here and still working on my store any suggestions? Hee my store https://jctshirts.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Jumping in late but in case anyone else happens along when doing a Google search ... I am finding that a little bit of playing around (size one, try it, see how it looks) is best for determining image size.  I just created an image that was 2400 x 300 and it worked perfectly (after trying several that cut off inappropriately

2020-07-27_17-05-47.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

As much as I know, there's no specific size, and they can be pretty big, around 4000px, or even bigger. I don't really use images that are so big and I like better smaller ones because it's easier to work with them. I usually use imglarger to resize them or to change the resolution and I've been doing this for a while. Usually, I do update my collection photos with new dimensions every once in a while, depending on what I need and what I'm gonna do, but 1200X400, and 2048x600 are my go-to sizes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Do you have the dimensions of what part of the 2400px X 2400px is seen when viewing the collection? I understand the image cover displays as a square on the home page, but when the collection is selected, it shows a lower res. cropped version of that original 2400x2400. I am looking for some sort of template that shows me what will be in view when displayed as a banner at the top of each collection. 

I hope that makes sense.

All my best,

Devin

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I have the same issue; the collection page images on our site look horrible and consequently they make the collection pages look horrible as well. I couldn't find a tutorial on Shopify on properly preparing & setting up these images.
I don't l know if it's a function of the theme or of the Shopify platform.

I just hope that Shopify gives us help soon on that!

Good luck to you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 171 198

Hi @Devindean333 & @mayerou ,

The featured image that is used in the collection list is the same used for the hero background on the Collection page. What we usually recommend merchants to do is link the hero to a metafield instead of linking it to the featured image. 

This way you would have two separate image to upload per collection, one for the Square (Listing) and another in landscape (4:1 or 3:1 ratio) for the top image on the collection page. 

Cheers!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
Highlighted
2 0 0

I see! Thank you!

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello,

What do you mean by "What we usually recommend merchants to do is link the hero to a metafield instead of linking it to the featured image.". How do we do that? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I searched the NET and found these "search" links, among others, on setting up all types of images on Shopify; I am sharing them with you: 

Shopify — How to display custom featured product image | by Chris Cao | Medium

How to Work With Images in Shopify

Good luck!

0 Likes