Collection list wont show up when I proceed to add products to a collection.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have tried very hard in adding a product to a collection. No matter how many times I set up a collection, none shows up when I proceed to add a product. When I manually add the collection name, it shows " Collection name not found". Very frustrating!

Shop name Canada Hut

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 0 14

Hi, Brian

This is Martha from the Shopify Team. 

Sorry to hear you're running into trouble getting collections set up. There are two options for collections in the Shopify Admin; 

• Manual Collections: This option allows you to add and remove products one-by-one. 
  • Automated Collections: Are used to make groupings where products are added automatically based on one or more conditions. 

The way these collections work are exclusive of each other and cannot be changed from one type to the other after products have been added. 

Take a look at the links above for some more info, or feel free to contact support directly for some more information. 

Cheers, 
Martha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

I am having a very similar problem. I am setting up my store now and have been entering products for the past week or so with no problems. Well, I should say the problems that occurred I resolved by changing the method from auto to manual on the collections setting (even tho I was doing everything right with tags etc..the items would not fall into the category so I saw where someone said use manual and it worked) As I was saying, I have been entering new products and manually choosing the category and it's been working fine...until yesterday 8/29/19 when my drop down category list shrunk to only a few categories and when I typed the category I was looking for in the search box it does not show up at all.  Now this morning 8/30/19 my categories are only showing ONE option (and I have several).  When I go to the Collections (to edit/add collections etc.) they are ALL there.  I have not changed any settings... Is this shopify's problem?? Are they having a glitch??? I just don't understand why everything is fine for several days and now having a problem!!  VERY frustrating to say the least and makes me wonder if I made a correct choice with Shopify.  I'll attach a pic to help show my problem...Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 6.30.45 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the exact same problem. Only one of my collections is showing up and I am unable to add my products to the correct collection. Just started having this problem a couple days ago and now none of the correct collections are coming up. I need to add these to my collections.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Having exactly the same problem since 1 September. Chatting to support now but finding it very difficult for them to understand what I am getting at - they suggest I work around it by adding products to collections via the collection edit page - NO WAY - that's not my workflow. Need this fixing!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue as the others.  I create two collections, BUT only one is showing when I try to add products.  I wish this was a little more user friendly.  It's taking forever for us to set up our store like we want.  Paying for months we are not even up and running :/.  Is there another way we can fix this.  How can I chat with an actually person.  The videos are not helping.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi I have the same problem, did you find the solution to this problem?

0 Likes