Collection pages on store website is listing every possible variant, not just the main product.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 2

I am having an issue where on my site the collection pages are showing all possible variants listed as a single product, vs having the product listed for the user to click on, then choose what color or size they want.  Any ideas on this?  I have tried picking different themes, and it seems the minute I publish the page, the collections show that way.

I.e., I have Decal A, with size 1, 2, 3 and colors Red, White, Blue.  instead of listing just Decal A, it is listing, Decal A size 1 color Red, then Decal A size 2 color Red, etc....

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 40 90

Hi, there! 

This is Ren from the Shopify support team - thanks for getting in touch with your question. 

Just to clarify, in your admin you are listing all of your products are individual decals with their own color and size variants but when you publish a collection everything seems to split into single products instead of 1 product with multiple variants. Do I have that right? Are you able to provide some screenshots of what you see happening and what the expected behaviour should be? 

Just in case it's a browser-related issue I would suggest trying from a new browser or clearing your cache and seeing if that helps. 

I'll look forward to your response! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 2

Hi!! Yes, I sell decals that have two variant to choose from, size and
color. Instead of just listing the main Decal, it is listing one for every
combination. Please see screen shots below. The Featured collection on
the main page is fine, it's once you click on Decals on the side menu that
it shows that way.
Kentucky_Country_Crafts1.jpgKentucky_Country_Crafts2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
236 1 48

I'm interested to hear the answer because I'd actually like to create a collection page template that will display all variants;)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Got some help on this - Customer Support said it was this app and this setting that caused this to occur:

Kentucky_Country_Crafts___Variable_Products___Shopify.jpg

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 40 90

Nice one, @KyCountryCrafts

This is a great app if you are interested in showing all of your variants, @Smeelah

The Variable Products app enables you to control how your product variations are viewed by splitting up a product to display the variants as separate products on your collection page. Looks like it's an easy install and simple to configure too. The standard plan after the trial period runs out is $9/month. 

Another app that functions in a similar way is called Products List Variants Viewer and is only $6.99/month so it's definitely worth checking them both out to find which works best for your needs. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
236 1 48

Hi @Ren7 ,

I'm able to display all variants on my product order form so perhaps it's something that can be achieved with some coding rather than adding more apps. I just want the option for one collection so it's probably not worth the app cost and additional app load time etc. But thanks for the info! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 40 90

Hey again, @Smeelah 

There may actually be a way around having to use an app. I found this community forum post that discusses using code to achieve the same thing and it looks promising so it's worth a shot! Be sure to do any coding and testing in a duplicated version of your theme.

Let me know how that works out for you!

1 Like
Highlighted
Trailblazer
236 1 48

Thanks so much @Ren7 ! Yes, that looks like it might work:)

0 Likes