Collections Title - How to change

Solved
Tourist
5 0 1

I want to change the name of the page that is called 'Collections' to 'Product Range'.  So I don't want to change the actual individual Collections pages, but the page title that shows all the collections.  Where abouts do I change that?  Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
370 0 30

Hello Jodi, Ben here - your Shopify Guru! 

You can do this by editing your theme's language settings. From your admin click Online Store, then Themes. Then find the button that looks like [...] and use the click "Edit language".

Then just search for collections page title and you can change that value:

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi there 

I am having the same problem, and followed your instructions and it will not change from 'collections' - I am using simple template.  Can you help?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 69

Hi, @shelleyb!

This is May from Shopify.

There are some minor changes on Shopify since @Benjamin_C posted the tutorial above back in 2016. In oder to edit your title, you'll still need to go to your theme's language editor following the same steps above! Here are some updated screenshots:

1. From your admin, go to 'Online Store > Actions > Edit languages'.

2. On the search bar, type in 'collections page title'.

3. Enter your custom title under 'Collections'.

4. Click 'Save'.

Now, if you go to your collections page (for example: [yourstore].myshopify.com/collections), the title that you entered above should appear on this page!

Let me know if that helps!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1
Thanks but that’s what I did, it is not changing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 69

Hi again, @shelleyb!

Thank you for following up, and I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to change the title.

I am going to send you an email to the email address attached to your forums account. Moving to email means I can authenticate your Shopify store and take a closer look into it!

Keep your eyes peeled for the email! Chat soon!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

All sorted, making sure you change the 'collections' box not the 'collections/general box - that was the problem.  

Thanks, you have a superb customer service!

1 Like
1 0 0

Thanks so much, this worked for me. Now, one more question ... is there a way to change the url so that it doesn't say "collections" and says the new title you gave it?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 69

Hi, @imalovebug!

Glad to hear that you find the solution helpful. 

At this time, removing the /collections in the URL is not possible. This also applies to other areas such as /pages,/products, etc. sections of your URL. This part of the URL path is used to access the different areas of your store. That being said, I've gone ahead and sent this request to our products team for further review so they can look into implementing this in the future.

If you have any follow up questions, feel free to reply to this thread or contact our 24/7 support.

Cheers!

0 Likes