Solved

Collections can't be added to products, linked to on store

littlewhimsy
Excursionist
16 0 9

Hi

This week my collections have started behaving strangely. I have a mixture of automated and manual collections. I have checked and made them all available online. And I have cleared my cache and relogged in to no change.

Most of the collections are working but some aren't. The ways this is happening:

• In a product I am trying to add a product to a manual collection and it is now not showing on the collections list if I search or look through all. Example I am trying to add this item to the collection Teepees

Add teepee to product.png

• If I then go to collections and search Teepees it comes up with nothing

Screenshot_2019-09-05 littlewhimsy ~ Collections ~ Shopify(2).png

• But if I sort alphabetically I can then find the collection and can add products to the collection this way but I need to be able to add them from the product page itself

Screenshot_2019-09-05 littlewhimsy ~ Collections ~ Shopify(3).pngScreenshot_2019-09-05 littlewhimsy ~ Collections ~ TEEPEES ~ Shopify.png

• Then when editing my store I cannot link to some collections. In this case I am trying to link to teepees the collection but it only comes up with the individual products not the collection link

Teepee add link.png

Hopefully we can get this resolved ASAP as it is causing big problems on our site and seems to just be random collections having this issue?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @littlewhimsy!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for the screenshots and your detailed question. It looks like this is a known issue that our developers are aware of. I've gone ahead and sent an email to the address listed on your forums profile so we can go over some troubleshooting steps and proceed there.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 25 (25)

BrianAtWork
Shopify Partner
245 59 184

Hi @littlewhimsy,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I understand that you're having trouble with your collections. The main issue is that some collections are not showing up when you search for them, in various places within Shopify Admin.

Your post was very detailed (thank you), but I can't find any reason why you are experiencing this behavior. It make no sense and I'm sure you must be feeling frustrated!

I may be able to help you with this, but first we need to take a look at how your collections are set up. Most likely something is being overlooked. Will you please share a link to your store?

Cheers!

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @littlewhimsy!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for the screenshots and your detailed question. It looks like this is a known issue that our developers are aware of. I've gone ahead and sent an email to the address listed on your forums profile so we can go over some troubleshooting steps and proceed there.

I look forward to hearing from you.

littlewhimsy
Excursionist
16 0 9

Thanks Julie I have just replied

Danacalicchio
Visitor
2 0 1

What is the solution to this? It is happening to my store too, none of my customers can find products on the collection pages. The filter option on the page sets to best selling, wont show products because I have no best sellers yet. I cannot change it to show every product in collection. HELP!

littlewhimsy
Excursionist
16 0 9

Hi

Send an email to Shopify support as they had to fix a known bug on the backend for my store to fix it.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Danacalicchio!

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. I've just sent an email to the address listed on your forums profile. If you can simply respond to that email directly, we can go over some troubleshooting steps together. 

Looking forward to your reply!

FTRC5066
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, 

I am building a brand new store and am having the problem of having my collections available to the product page. I made all collections available, but then when I try to add a collection to a product, only the home page is an option and none of the collections. 

Can you help? Thanks!

Elizabeth 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, Elizabeth!

To clarify, are you having troubles adding products to collections? We have a help doc on how to do so here. Have you followed these steps? 

If the products are already added to your collections and you're having troubles having them appear on your website, it sounds like you just need to edit your theme. You can display your collections and products on your homepage by heading to Online store > Themes > Customize and by either editing the existing collection sections, or adding new ones. Depending on your theme, the sections you'll see there may differ. 

I should also mention that there is no need to create collection and product pages through your theme editor. By default, all of the products and collections you have created in your admin will be available on your website, as all themes come with pre-built product and collection page templates.

If you're still quite new to using the theme editor, I recommend checking out this video tutorial on how to edit your theme. This gives you a good overview of the theme editor, and also walks you through how to add and edit sections. I think you'll find it quite useful! 

If you're still experiencing issues, feel free to share the link to your store! I can definitely take a look and offer some further guidance here. 

Garcia88
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, My new uploads are not linking with my collection. I have all conditions set nothing is linking. Secondly I am also trying to remove products completely from shopify. Is there anyway to delete by a tag all at once, or do I have to one by one remove? 

20210730_091339.jpg

20210730_090544.jpg

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Garcia88

This is Rae from Shopify. I'm helping out my colleague Julie with this thread, and I wanted to lend a hand with your questions. 

I appreciate you sharing these screenshots that highlight the issue you're experiencing. In these images, it looks like you have quite a few conditions set up on this collection, and we currently have a limit of 60 conditions maximum per collection, as outlined here. With this in mind, can you please confirm exactly how many conditions you have? 

Equally, I noticed above your collection conditions in the second screenshot you shared, you've selected that products must match all conditions in order to be added into your collection. This means that products can only be added into this collection once they are tagged with every condition listed. However, if you want products to be added into this collection if they meet any condition instead, you can change this by following these steps. That should likely help resolve the problem you're facing! 

In terms of your second question, you can delete many products at once with the bulk editor, as shown in this link. Products can also be deleted singularly by following these steps. It's important to note however, that deleting products is a final action that can't be reversed, so if you want to keep the product data in your admin, I recommend archiving the product instead by following these steps

Please keep me posted on how this goes, and let me know if you need any help deleting or archiving products.

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Danacalicchio
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you Julie for the fix. I was adding tags on my navigation menu's. Took them away as suggested now its working.

All my products are showing up

ecommercege2
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! 

I have two items with full stock and tagged with the proper tag used for a collection but it doesn't appear in my collection. 
Can you help me?

Thx
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @ecommercege2!

The product tag must be the exact same tag that's specified in your collection's conditions. Have you double checked to make sure that this is the case? If you're still experiencing issues, feel free to respond with a screenshot of the product details page in your admin and a screenshot of the collection conditions. I'd be happy to take a look and see what's going on! 

TheSwagFamily
Visitor
1 0 0

Please Julie I’m having almost the same problem, I’m using the brklyn theme, I have different collections on the home page but I can’t link the products to the different collections can you help please & thanks 🙏 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @TheSwagFamily!

I appreciate you hopping into the conversation! Do you mind sharing a link to your store? I can definitely take a look here on my end. 

That being said, since you're seeing collections on your homepage but they appear to be empty, have you ensured that you have linked the correct collection using your theme editor? You'll just need to head on over to Online store > Themes > Customize and select the appropriate collections sections on the lefthand sidebar. Within each one, you should notice a collection linked, along with the option to "Edit collection", which will take you back to the Collection page within your admin. There, do you see any products in those collections? 

If your collections are currently empty, then I suggest checking out our help doc on collections, which will walk you through the process of creating either manual collections or automated collections. In most cases, I find it easiest to create manual collections, which gives you the ability to manually select the products you'd like to add in each collection. 

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction, but if you can share the link to your store, along with an example of a collection that isn't appearing correctly, that would really help! 

theruraltrader
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Julie,

I am having the exact same problems!

Please help!

Nkhan10
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having the exact same issue that this user is having.

I have a computer store and there are lots of collections. Since a new update or something adding a product has been so frustrating.

All the drop downs for tags and collections, product type and vendor have changed. Now I cant scroll cleanly down as normal, it will jerk as I scroll making me scroll about 10 times before moving down 4 names. Vendors when I type in show up but wont click. Then I click elsewhere and click again it works. Collections not showing up. Going into collection list and searching via name and not showing up. Having to use alphabetically to look and add.

I have found an app called Vela which I have been using for a couple of weeks. Amazing. But all these issues need to be fixed quickly please. Its frustrating and not really acceptable

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Nkhan10!

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue. I have gone ahead and sent an email to the address associated with your Forums profile so we can move forward with some troubleshooting steps there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Edharriser
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 

I’m having a similar issue with my new store. 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Edharriser!

I'd love to lend a hand with your collections. Do you mind sharing a link to your store and some additional information about what's going on? With some more context, I'll be able to better help troubleshoot.

Most importantly, it would be useful to know if you see any products in the collections within your Shopify admin. This is accessed by heading to Products > Collections and selecting any of the collections you have there.

If yes:

This would indicate that you haven't correctly linked your collections using either your navigation settings or theme editor. First, head on over to Online store > Navigation > Main menu. From there, double-check to make sure that you have selected the right collections and that the Filter by tag (optional) field is left blank.

If this looks good, then you'll next want to check your theme editor by heading to Online store > Themes > Customize. Once there, you can edit the existing collection sections, which will allow you to select a collection. Depending on the theme you're using, this process may differ slightly. 

If no:

Double-check to see if you have automated collections or manual collections setup. You can find out while viewing the collection in your admin by scrolling down to the Collection type  section. If you're using automated collections, you will need to make sure that the products specifically meet the conditions listed there. If you're using manual collections, then you'll see the option to manually add products within that same section. 

Once you've had a chance to further investigate by following the steps above, please let me know what you see! Any additional context, including your store link, would also be super helpful. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

littlewhimsy
Excursionist
16 0 9

Somehoe they easily fixed it on the backend so reply to Julie's email for a quick fix.

Tamarrs
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi 

I have been struggling for hours with this. Kindly assist. I've tried everthing. Pulling my hair out!

Thanks

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Tamarrs.

I appreciate you joining in on the conversation. In order to offer you some guidance, I'll just need you to share a bit more information about the issue you're facing.

To clarify, are you having troubles searching for collections in your Admin? Or, are you having troubles adding products to collections? If it's the latter, we have a help doc on how to do so here. Have you followed these steps? 

If you can share a bit more information about the issue at hand, including the troubleshooting steps you've already tried, that would be very helpful. Feel free to also share a link to the collection page so I can take a look here on my end. 

Tamarrs
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi there

Thank you for the response.

When I try to add a product and add it to a collection, when I search for the collection, none of my collections come up. They did for the first set of products I added, then it stopped.

See print screen below where I typed in ‘baby’ searching for my collection, ‘baby chairs’

Here is the link: https://dare-to-chair.myshopify.com/admin/products/new

Thanks for the help.

Tamarr
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for providing additional information @Tamarrs.

Now that we've confirmed that this is an issue with the search function in your admin, I can go ahead and reset this function here on my end. I'll first need to authenticate your account, however, so I've just sent an email to the address listed on your forums profile. Let's carry on the conversation there! 

Looking forward to hearing from you.