Collections can't be added to products, linked to on store

Solved
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi

This week my collections have started behaving strangely. I have a mixture of automated and manual collections. I have checked and made them all available online. And I have cleared my cache and relogged in to no change.

Most of the collections are working but some aren't. The ways this is happening:

• In a product I am trying to add a product to a manual collection and it is now not showing on the collections list if I search or look through all. Example I am trying to add this item to the collection Teepees

Add teepee to product.png

• If I then go to collections and search Teepees it comes up with nothing

Screenshot_2019-09-05 littlewhimsy ~ Collections ~ Shopify(2).png

• But if I sort alphabetically I can then find the collection and can add products to the collection this way but I need to be able to add them from the product page itself

Screenshot_2019-09-05 littlewhimsy ~ Collections ~ Shopify(3).pngScreenshot_2019-09-05 littlewhimsy ~ Collections ~ TEEPEES ~ Shopify.png

• Then when editing my store I cannot link to some collections. In this case I am trying to link to teepees the collection but it only comes up with the individual products not the collection link

Teepee add link.png

Hopefully we can get this resolved ASAP as it is causing big problems on our site and seems to just be random collections having this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
236 59 70

Hi @littlewhimsy,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I understand that you're having trouble with your collections. The main issue is that some collections are not showing up when you search for them, in various places within Shopify Admin.

Your post was very detailed (thank you), but I can't find any reason why you are experiencing this behavior. It make no sense and I'm sure you must be feeling frustrated!

I may be able to help you with this, but first we need to take a look at how your collections are set up. Most likely something is being overlooked. Will you please share a link to your store?

Cheers!

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 17 43

Hi, @littlewhimsy!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for the screenshots and your detailed question. It looks like this is a known issue that our developers are aware of. I've gone ahead and sent an email to the address listed on your forums profile so we can go over some troubleshooting steps and proceed there.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks Julie I have just replied

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am having the exact same issue that this user is having.

I have a computer store and there are lots of collections. Since a new update or something adding a product has been so frustrating.

All the drop downs for tags and collections, product type and vendor have changed. Now I cant scroll cleanly down as normal, it will jerk as I scroll making me scroll about 10 times before moving down 4 names. Vendors when I type in show up but wont click. Then I click elsewhere and click again it works. Collections not showing up. Going into collection list and searching via name and not showing up. Having to use alphabetically to look and add.

I have found an app called Vela which I have been using for a couple of weeks. Amazing. But all these issues need to be fixed quickly please. Its frustrating and not really acceptable

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 17 43

Hi, @Nkhan10!

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue. I have gone ahead and sent an email to the address associated with your Forums profile so we can move forward with some troubleshooting steps there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Somehoe they easily fixed it on the backend so reply to Julie's email for a quick fix.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

What is the solution to this? It is happening to my store too, none of my customers can find products on the collection pages. The filter option on the page sets to best selling, wont show products because I have no best sellers yet. I cannot change it to show every product in collection. HELP!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi

Send an email to Shopify support as they had to fix a known bug on the backend for my store to fix it.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 17 43

Hi, @Danacalicchio!

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. I've just sent an email to the address listed on your forums profile. If you can simply respond to that email directly, we can go over some troubleshooting steps together. 

Looking forward to your reply!

0 Likes