Collections

Kim1974
2 0 0

How to i add a product (Bath bomb) for instances to a collection called Bath bombs

0 Likes
Alex1freeman
Tourist
12 0 0

Contact me so I help you out

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
62 12 15

Hey, @Kim1974!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community! I understand you are wanting some guidance on how to add a particular product to a related collection. I'd be more than happy to help you out with this today.

Collections are a great way to organize your products and can improve the ability of customers to find items quickly and efficiently. You can view, create, and edit collections from the Collections page of your Shopify admin.

There are two types of collections you can create - automated and manual:

• An automated collection uses conditions to automatically include matching products. When you add a new product to the Shopify admin, and it matches the conditions you created, the product is automatically added to the collection.

• A manual collection only includes the products that you individually add to the collection. But, they might be right for your business if you have a small selection of products, or if you create specialized collections that you want to personally curate.

Watch this YouTube video for a step-by-step tutorial on grouping your products into collections. After you create a collection, it can be shown on your online store as a webpage with a gallery of the products that are in the collection. Your customers can then click a product image on the collection page to visit a specific product page.

Once you have created a collection, you need to make sure that your customers can find and view it by adding a link to the collection in the navigation for your online store. We have an online course that teaches you how to create and manage your navigation.

Shopify collections are one of the most effective ways to make your e-commerce store a more user-friendly place for shoppers to hang out (and buy). Here is a fantastic article that walks you through best practices for optimizing your collections. Having a well-put-together collection and consistently high-quality photos of your products are super important. Bath bombs are gorgeous items that people love to see the design and colors of so good photos for beauty products are a must! Here is a product photography course on Shopify Compass that I suggest taking a look at to help you achieve this.

Let us know how you get on with the steps above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Cheers,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes