Color Variants not working on Desktop

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

We are currently using Theme - Venue. The mobile website allows the product image to change colors when selecting. However, the desktop does not work. 

Our website is: apparelefx.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
199 20 28

Hey, @rlcotejr!

Ash here from the Shopify team. 

I definitely appreciate the importance of setting up products in a way to make it easy for customers to see what they're buying. When viewing your site on my end, the color selection appeared to update the product image I was looking at. Is this issue only present on certain products? 

A good test to see if this issue is theme-related is to preview your shop with a non-customized theme. You can install a free theme to test this on right from your Online Store> Themes. You can then preview your site with that theme using the Actions menu for the theme, and selecting "Preview". Here's a screenshot to show what I'm referring to: 

20-04-w5uq3-l2z0c.png

Please reply to this post and let me know if the issue persists in a non-customized theme. Also, please send me a link to a product that's affected by the issue so I can do some more testing on my end. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

Using a different desktop the preview images seem to work. 

I wonder if it's a cache problem on my other computer. 

Anyways, thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
199 20 28

Hey, @rlcotejr!

I'm glad to hear the issue doesn't seem to persist when trying on an alternate devices. That being said, there are some steps you can take on your initial computer to try to resolve this issue in full. On the computer you were experiencing the issue with, could you please try the following and let me know if these steps solve it? 

• Ensure your internet browser is up to date (you may need to update your computer to update certain browsers to the latest version)
  • Clear your cache and cookies
  • Try in an incognito/private browser session
  • Try another internet browser, and complete the above 3 steps again

I'm hoping to see this cleared up in full, and looking forward to hearing back. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes