Combined Shipping

Highlighted
2 0 0

I would like to add a product to my store that would only cost $2.50 shipping which is fine if that's all they buy, but if they purchased other items I would like the shipping total to revert to normal default shipping cost and not combine the $2.50 and default shipping together, as the smaller product which is a label will just slip inside the packaging, is there a way to achieve this, thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
299 34 67

Hi @Toni11 

Of course, there are a number of apps out there that can make this possible for you - you can search for 'custom shipping rates' in the app store to bring up a few possibilities.

If you're looking to avoid an app, however, it may be possible to do this using weight-based or price-based rates. Is there much of a weight or price difference between this 'label' and the rest of the products in your store?

For example, let's say the label weighs 0.1 oz, but the rest of the products you carry all weigh at least 3 oz or more. You could set a weight-based rate that is 0 - 0.1 oz for $2.50. Then, this $2.50 rate would only appear at checkout if the label was the only thing in the customer's cart. Of course, if you're using calculated carrier rates, those would still appear too, but the $2.50 option would likely be the cheapest and be pre-selected by default.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply.

My shopify is flat rate by $ spent,  can I make the labels weight based and still have flat rate on everything else, and if they purchase more than just the labels will the shipping revert to flat rate which is what I would like it to do as I don't want a lot of product shipping for $2.50 but I also don't want it to add $2.50 to the flat rate and make it more expensive for the customer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
299 34 67

You should still be able to do this with the weight-based rate, as long as the label is the lowest-weight product in your catalog.

Again, assuming you set the product weight for the label at 0.1 oz, and all other products weigh more, (also assuming customer would only purchase one label product at a time when that is the only product being purchased)...

0 - 0.1 oz = $2.50 shipping

0.2 oz - (no limit) = $(whatever flat rate you want to set)

0 Likes