Combining customer information

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I have a customer who is signed up for email and my Loyalty program. They came into my brick and mortar today and made a purchase. Instead of bringing up their customer info first I rang up their items and now that they are gone I wanted to add their purchases to their account. When I tried to add their same email I wasn't able to as Shopify only allows one email per customer. I wanted to know is there a way to add or combine the customer orders and info together? I appreciate any advice on this matter. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi gordelly,

This functionality is not supported by Shopify. I you would dig around this forum for more similar question you'll be able to find questions and requests from merchants dating back to 2013.
Over those years, plenty of people have added feature requests to Shopify through the official channels but to no avail. Considering this has been an issue for 7 years I wouldn't keep my hopes up for this feature coming in Shopify anytime soon, or ever.

There are currently also no apps that support this.

I have been able to find one or two developers that have said on this forum they wanted to look into this. I believe their approach was to delete orders from the duplicate customer account and add them as new orders on the original user account. But I think that might mess with sale statistics as it would look like the newly made order won't have the same order date as the old one. I don't know if that would be an issue for you.
But then again, that might not even matter because none of those apps ever made it to the Shopify App Store.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Paul,

Thank you for this information. I appreciate it.

Shelly
0 Likes