Comcast is blocking my website!?

8 0 0

Hi!

We are really desperate with this issue. Since some weeks ago we cannot access to our own website through Comcast net. Our domain is www.medineterranean.com but we are automaticly redirected to www.medineterreanean.com/defaulsite which is the default site from our hosting supplier (1&1) when you haven't still developed a website.

We have checked with 1&1 and Shopify and everything is ok. In fact, some days ago we tried to access to the website with the same computers but using our cellphones as hotspot, instead of the Comcast connection, and we could access! We also discovered that some of our customers, who are also Comcast customers couldn't access, but those using other internet provider they could (and some Comcast customers can!). It seems that something about Comcast is not working. We have some customers and suppliers in Europe (Spain, Italy, Portugal...) and everybody can access there without problem.

We have called Comcast twice (Customer Security Assurance Department) and they tell there's nothing they can do. I've found some information on the internet and I've checked the domain on Verisign Labs. This is the result http://dnssec-debugger.verisignlabs.com/medineterranean.com

Could be something related to the DS and DNSKEY records? I have no idea about that...

Is there any Shopify merchant with the same problem? We are still receiving orders but we don't know how many orders we are losing due to this problem...

We would really appreciate your helping us! Thank you!

Paloma

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
379 0 29

Hello Paloma, Ben here - your Shopify Guru! 

This sounds odd, I am curious can you access the myshopify.com url through comcast? If you can access the admin of your website on comcast then the issue is with your domain. Possible your DNS settings. 

Currently I show you are missing the WWW cname Record in your DNS settings. You will want to make sure you point the WWW cname record to your myshopify.com url. Ex: your-store-name.myshopify.com

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi, Ben.

Thanks for your reply. The problem is the same with the myshopify.com url. We've tried everything...

It would be easy if nobody can access; the problem must be from 1&1 for sure, but many people can do it and that makes so difficult to find a solution.

I am not sure about the cname record issue that you said... I am not an expert, I'm sorry. Are you talking about create a subdomain to my myshopify.com url? https://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/domains/third-party-domains/popular-providers/1and1#set-sub...

I've checked with 1&1 (and also by myself) that the server is correctly pointing to the Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.32. They told me that once the server is pointing to a Shopify's IP address they cannot do anything.

I am curious, could you please check if you can access to the website?

Each passing day we are more desperate...

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

This issue has returned, per the Status.Shopify.com messaging. Curious to know why this has happened again? Bad blood between Shopify and Comcast or what?

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 1

i am having the same problem this morning, only with Cox communications ISP. Their tech support tells me they dont block ISP and i didnt have more time now to sit on the phone to wait. My website is www.shopdiscombobulated.com - other people can access my site from any isp other than cox. I happen to have cox. This issue started today. Prior to today i have never had an issue accessing my admin or shop. I cannot get into either with the web. the app works fine on my cell data. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

We're having the same issue with our website also. Can't access Admin or Storefront on Cox. I can on my phone though. 

0 Likes
Explorer
83 0 24

We second Jamies response to this.

We are also experiencing this with Cox Communications and they're telling us that it is Shopify that is blocking the connection while Shopify is telling us that Cox is blocking the connection. No shopify hosted website will load for us and it's extermely frustrating that we're being pushed to multiple directions and there's just no answer anywhere...

https://kessinhouse.com

https://backdropoutlet.com 

Neither of those work while connected with Cox Communications.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Mine just started randomly working. I was getting the run around between cox and shopify. And, boom it magically started working 5 mins ago

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

I restarted my PC and router. And it wasnt working.  And then just so random....working...

0 Likes
3 0 0

Can someone else confirm this issue has been resolved? We've not been able to access our domain from Cox Communications.

We are experiencing the same issue with:

https://bambuearth.com/

We'd appreciate more transparency and initiative from Shopify to make store owners affected aware of these situations when they arise. We've had customers contacting us all day but nothing from Shopify.

0 Likes