Coming Soon listing

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

It would be nice to be able to list a product as Coming Soon - that way people could get information on a product without showing a Sold Out since technically it is not Sold Out, it hasn't even been launched yet. 

If there is a way to do this and I'm missing it, please let me know :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
47 0 22

Hi April! Hope your day is going well. 

My name is Elissa, and I'm on Shopify's Guru Team!

You could definitely set that up within your store, using this doc about setting up products for pre-order! 

I hope that this helped answer your question!

Elissa  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Sorry, I don't want a pre-order option. Just a listing that says "coming soon" where there is not chance to purchase it. Only to get information on it such as to look at photos and pricing and details without having to do a banner. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1890 1 416

You'll want to create an alternate product template (link).  In the alternate product template, you can remove the Add-to-Cart button, quantity selector and any other elements related to purchasing.

With the launchpad theme, you may need to do an extra step.  After you create the alternate product template, you will probably have the following in the newly created file.

{% include 'product' %}

If so, delete all of the code in this file.  Then open Snippets/product.liquid.  Copy all of the code in this file.  Paste it into the newly created product template file.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am trying to figure out the same problem.   I have items that I want to have listed as coming soon in the button, but it only allows me to put it as sold out.  It’s a little confusing I think if a customer sees coming soon and then sees that it’s sold out they might get the wrong impression.  

0 Likes