Comma as decimal separator when entering product prices?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone,

We've recently started using Shopify to set up our store for the Spanish market and have come across a roadblock.... in Spain like many other European countries the decimal separator is ',' instead of '.' and when entering the product prices Shopify automatically changes , to .

Anyone out there with any pointers on how to address this?

Thanks

Jose

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
338 0 53

Hi Jose,

Typically Euro shows up correctly on Shopify stores! I just checked a bunch of European shops I could think of off the top of my head and they are displaying correctly.

Can you go into your settings (Settings -> General -> Scroll down to Currency) and set your currency formatting like this, please:

Let us know if it makes a difference!

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for your response Alicia :)

Unfortunately, after changing the settings, amounts aren't using comma as decimal separator. Even more, the euro symbol was in front of the amount which isn't the correct formatting in Spanish so had to revert back to the original set up.

I have seen some stores myself where formatting seems right so not sure if any customisation is required :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 52

Hi Joes,

Thanks for posting today! I have checked this out for you and found out that this is actually something that you would have to have custom coded into your store! 

You can do that either by chatting with your theme developer to see if they will do that for you, posting a job on the Shopify Job Board or checking out the Shopify experts request page

I hope this helps!

Anne :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hey, actually no customisation is required! :) it is explained here how to do it https://docs.shopify.com/manual/payment-settings/currency-formatting

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

Bulls eye!

Thats also exaclty what I was looking for!

2020-05-23_12-11-24 (2).png

0 Likes