Company Name Field to show in Order Admin page

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 6

It would be really handy to have a field for Company Name in the Order Admin page. We do a lot of B2B and only being able to see a person's name instead of the company name in the listing of Orders and Customers is not enough. Customer numbers would also be helpful, especially to easily spot repeat customer's orders.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 25

Hey there Bridget!

Genevieve from Shopify here :) 

As you've probably seen in your Settings>Checkout, you can add a 'Company' field to the customer's shipping address, and set this as either optional or required. This would then display in the customer information on the order like so: 

However I will certainly request of our developers that this detail, when provided by the customer, be displayed more obviously alongside the customer name as I can see that this would make things easier in cases like yours.

I will also pass your suggestion regarding customer numbers along to the relevant teams to see if this could be added :) 

Hope that helps! 

Genevieve S.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
202 0 22

Hi Bridget,

My name is Ardiane, a Guru here at Shopify!

With the Order admin page, you would be able to see the customer's order along with the customer's information that they've filled in during checkout.

To show the Company name, I would recommend making this field required in order to have this field to be filled in before the customer can continue on with their order.

To see the customer's number, it looks like you already have this field as required for your checkout and you would normally see this information along with the customer's address:

I hope that clears it up! If you have any more questions or are unsure of anything, I'll be keeping an eye on this post so that I can help you out again.

- Ardiane :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 6

Hi Thanks for the responses. We do have the company name field as part of our checkout, my suggestion was to make it so it appears in the table with the orders when clicking on "orders" in the admin. So the fields would be order #, date, customer name, company name, payment status, etc. And by customer number, I'm not referring to their phone number, but an actual customer number or account number.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 25

Hi Bridget, 

Sounds like a good idea - I'll add both of these to our request :) 

Cheers!

Genevieve S.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 25

Hi Bridget,

Quick followup! A colleague of mine pointed out that a workaround for right now could be to edit the labels on your 'name' fields at checkout using the Language Editor. So rather than separate 'First Name' and 'Last Name' fields, you could relabel these as follows: 

You can edit this in your store's admin by navigating to Settings>Checkout>Checkout language. 

Hope that helps! 

Genevieve S.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 6

That might work, but in the Order Admins page, the table states only "Customer" and does not differentiate between first and last name. This is where it is important for me to see the Company Name.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 25

Hi Bridget,

I understand for sure, it's not an ideal solution. The request is with our developers now, so we'll let you know as soon as we have an update there. 

Cheers :) 

Genevieve S.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 5

I would also love to see this. The majority of our orders are business to business but we also sell to people that don't have a company name. It makes it very confusing for my staff when they are searching for an order under "The arsitan collective" when a customer sends a driver to collect goods but it's listed under "Natasha" in the order panel. Keep up the great work shopify! 

Highlighted
2 0 5

Any update on this, Genevieve? I also need a solution for this! I'm currently building a site for a B2B company and this is a real challenge for my client and may unfortunately keep me from using Shopify if I can't find a solution that works for organizing their customer list the way they need.