Company name and ID change

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Guys

Where can I check / change the company name and ID number. We have the reuest o submit documents before the 28th October. When the account was first opened 5 years ago it was done so under a different name / business (still ours) in the last couple of years we have changed address twice and run the store with a different name.

In general settings our oompany legal name is correct and address is correct. But they are asking for a business registration document under the old name but i can not find the old details anywhere in general settings or account settings so not sure where this info is getting pulled from to change it. 

Derek. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Very interested in any responses to this. I have the same issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Sqwobble.  So after a lot of messing about I think I have finally managed to sort it. I uploaded the change of address documentation from company houses which shopify seem to have accepted. 

The main problem is they seem to be drawing their info from an admin page that I can not locate at all in our general settings or my account settings and is all info from when we first opened the account.

I have had to change the legal name of the company back to the old name (luckily the company still exists and runs from the same premisses) this is done in settings - general -  You can still keep the store name as the current name and the URL etc

Each time I uploaded the document I would after a little while get a response from shopify saying that a certain part did not match, for example the address, and it would have a link to edit our address on this mysterious admin page.

I still couldn't find, and was not sent a link to edit the company registered number hence my route of changing the details I could back to the old ones for now In the hope that once this has all settled down that I will be able to find a solution to change everything back to the new details.

Hope you manage to get something sorted. Got to admit I shocked when I realised that there is no way to actually contact shopify direct for actual support, especially when its something as import as this is. 

Derek

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

morning, 

Yes all sorted. I got on a web chat with Shopify Support on Saturday night, they passed the query through to the Risk Operations team who reset the account to allow me to submit new documentation. All sorted on Sunday. Really impressed with the support from Shopify. 

0 Likes