Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing our support team. We definitely do still offer support for sure. We have changed the help centre recently so here is a quick clip for you to show how you can contact support on our help page.
Regarding the failed payment email, can you send a screenshot of the email so I can take a look for you to see if it is legitimate or not? Emails from us will usually always come from `email@example.com`, `firstname.lastname@example.org`, `email@example.com` or `firstname.lastname@example.org`.
If it is a suspicious email, it's always good to do a safety check of your store, even if you haven't clicked any links or opened any attachments. As soon as you can I would suggest you do the following:
1. Review your store and ensure no banking details or staff details have been changed, and that no content has been changed or removed. If you do notice anything unusual, please let us know immediately!
2. Go to Account > Settings > Accounts and Permissions > "Log out all staff accounts".
3. Update your passwords for your Shopify Account and Email/Gmail account.
4. Enable 2-step authentication for the Gmail or Email Account (where possible) that the Phishing email was sent to.
5. Enable 2-step authentication for your Shopify account. You can follow the steps outlined here.
6. Scan any devices you use to browse the internet for any malware or viruses, to ensure they are not vulnerable.
7. Update all software, as these updates frequently have security updates which will offer further protection.
8. Update all Shopify apps as these updates frequently have security updates too which will also offer further protection.
9. Check out our doc on Protecting your account against phishing for further information should you nee....
I hope this helps. but if you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.
Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Hello, I just experience an issue now, I was been billed by Shopify and I have been trying to get to them ever since last week, they remove a one-year subscription from my account, and am not happy about it, that a lot of money. I will like to be refunded am not happy about this, it so difficult to contact your team, and am not a good computer person.
Hyde here from Shopify.
I'm happy to help you with your billing issue and will be sending you an email shortly.
All the best, Hyde.