Concerned about quality of products

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hell,I’m new here today. I have my Shopify store all ready to go and now I am going to work on marketing. However, I ordered a couple items to see the quality of the clothing and I wasn’t happy with it. I’m wondering if I should stay away from clothing or how do I find reputable sellers thru AliExpress  or other Sellers?   Also I added a couple high end coach purses and now I'm thinking they may still be knockoffs even at over $1000 ..any input will be appreciated.. thanks Andrea

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 14 14

Hey there, @Ad44!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to Shopify and thanks for posting! Glad to hear you've started your entrepreneurial journey into dropshipping. I'd be happy to offer some suggestions to help you out with your product picking.

Finding good quality products can be difficult, but I'm glad you've taken it upon yourself to first purchase samples rather than rushing to sell. When browsing through dropshipping wholesale suppliers online, you'll want to be cautious of suppliers that want ongoing fees, or that sell to the public. Legitimate wholesalers won't charge customers a monthly fee for the privilege of doing business and ordering from them. If they're selling to the public, they're likely a retailer offering items at inflated prices. That being said, real dropshipping wholesale suppliers may have pre-order fees, or require minimum order sizes. You can read more about this in Chapter 3 of our Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping (although, I recommend reading it's entirety).

It's important to first contact the manufacturer before committing to a product. This will give you an opportunity to learn how long it can take for the supplier to respond, in case you have any issues with orders in the future. A good supplier will have expert staff, dedicated representatives, and an industry focus. While some merchants will still try and sell brands or knockoffs, we suggest shying away from such products. As per our Terms of Service, in order to sell any registered brand, you'll likely need a reseller license or legal partnership from the original brand to sell the products on your store. It's also a risk to your business as it's difficult to ensure that the branded products you're finding through dropshipping suppliers are legitimate.

Once you've found a product you're interested in selling on AliExpress, it'd be a good idea to check out the rating and reviews. It's preferred not to use products that have under a 4.5 stars rating. Often in the reviews you can also locate personal photos uploaded by customers to have a better idea of how the product actually looks like. You can learn more in The Definitive Guide to Dropshipping with AliExpress.

I hope this information helps you have a better understanding of key features to consider before committing to using a product or supplier for your business. Both of the guides mentioned above have a lot more of useful information that will better prepare you for dropshipping and working with suppliers. If you haven't already, watching our free Dropshipping 101 online Shopify Academy course can also add value to your dropshipping knowledge base. I understand there's quite a bit of information here, so please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes