Confirmation Emails going directly to Gmail Spam folders, or being deleted completely

MerrittWatson
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi team,

All emails being delivered to Gmail users are being marked as spam and either going into a spam folder or are not delivering to the customer at all.

SPF and DKIM are in place, but still no luck.

Shopify support has looked into it but can't do anything and have advised to ask the community.

NOTE: The domain was originally registered with WIX, then when we moved to Shopify we've pointed the DNS to Shopify. Emails are hosted through Google Workspace.

Any ideas? Open to anything! We almost need a full time person to reply to the messages asking for their order confirmation.

Thanks,
Merritt

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31

Hi @MerrittWatson, could you let me know your domain name so I can check your SPF record?

0 Likes
BuyProBags
5 0 0

Same issue here, I've gone round and round with Google for 7 months. Tried all their suggestions, 75% of the time my own order confirmations end up in my spam folder. Creates a horrible customer experience. So tired of customers emailing saying they never received their order confirmation / delivery emails. Google points the finger back at Shopify. Ridiculous that emails from a well known company like Shopify go into Googles spam folder. Google can't even tell me the root cause of the reason the emails go to spam, ridiculous.

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31
Hi @BuyProBags, what’s your domain please?
0 Likes
BuyProBags
5 0 0

BuyProBags.com

SPF - Pass

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31
Hi @BuyProBags, SPF looks good as you say. You have set up DKIM as well?
This is still hidden from the main settings menu for some reason but can be
accessed here:

https://arizonacornholerentals.myshopify.com/admin/settings/sender-email
0 Likes
BuyProBags
5 0 0

Yep, did that a while back. Made no difference. Here's a screen I had sent Google showing all the orders that hit my spam folder a while back. Not every order hits the spam, but a good portion. Based on feedback from customers the order confirmations also go to their spam folder instead of their inbox for the vast majority. Very bad customer experience, and a frustrating experience for a Shopify store owner.

Untitled.png

SPAM.png

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31
That is really odd. Assume you're getting a DKIM pass as well? I can only
think that the content of the message looks spammy.
0 Likes
BuyProBags
5 0 0

When sending a test email from my Gmail, to an email address (check-auth@verifier.port25.com) I found on some Shopify support page it says the below. Is there a different place I should validate my DKIM?

Summary of Results
==========================================================
SPF check:          pass
"iprev" check:      pass
DKIM check:         none

----------------------------------------------------------
DKIM check details:
----------------------------------------------------------
Result:         none (message not signed)

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31
Hi @BuyProBags, I just sent a test from my Gmail and got DKIM check: pass,
which is what I'd expect. This doesn't explain the issue of Shopify emails
going in to spam, but it's a bit weird all the same. Are you sending
directly from Gmail?

As for the Shopify 'Sender Email' settings, is that showing as
authenticated?
0 Likes