Confirmation Emails not getting sent

raghavjhawar
Tourist
28 0 1

Hello,
Some of my order confirmation emails are not going to the customer even though the orders are created. I am facing this issue today only,please help how to troubleshoot. 

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 130

Hey, @raghavjhawar!

I'm Ava from Shopify Support, I'd like to help here.

Shopify uses the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) to verify your customer email address for the automatic notification emails that your customers receive. These include order confirmations + shipping confirmation/updates! This SPF prevents notification emails from being flagged as spam, removes the via Shopify note from the sender information, and displays your customer email address instead of no-reply@shopify.com in the sender field.

To prevent your emails from bouncing, you can add SPF Records to your domain's DNS settings! If you have bought your domain from Shopify, can you try adding the SPF Records to the Shopify domain from within the admin?

1. From the admin, go to Online Store > Domains
2. Click on 'Manage' beside your primary domain
3. Next click on 'DNS Settings' at the top of the page
4. Here you can add the record! Click on 'add custom record' and select TXT Record
5. Add @ in the Name, and v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all in the record
6. Save changes!

I have made a video here on how to do this.

If you have bought your domain from a third-party host (like GoDaddy) and not from Shopify, there is a more general guide here:

Find your domain's TXT record. This usually appears beside the CNAME record and MX record.
Add the following SPF record to your TXT record: v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all
Save your changes.

This can take a couple of hours to propagate; usually 24 hours for any domain changes, but it can often be faster! I would recommend waiting a little while, then sending a test email to yourself to ensure all emails are being delivered.

Let me know if that works for you! If you are still seeing errors, or the email is not showing up in your inbox/spam folder, let me know here and I can continue to look into this for you. 

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes