Connecting Braintree to Shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

We currently use Paypal for our Shopify store but would like to integrate Braintree to enable subscription purchases. We have just registered with Braintree and set up our account. But I don't know how to connect Braintree to Shopify. 

How do I find a developer to help with this?

Also how much information is OK to give them? Is it safe?

Thanks

Tess

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
206 21 48

Hi, @TessBear!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for showing your interest in a new payment provider for Shopify.

At this stage, it looks like Braintree no longer provides an integration with Shopify. I've had a look at their website and Shopify is not listed on their integration list (https://bit.ly/3jX80z1). As of September 2016, Shopify no longer partners with Braintree for use on new stores. Stores that previously had Braintree connected are welcome to continue using them, however, at this stage, new stores after September 2016 are no longer able to use the gateway.

You can check out which gateways are available for use in your region in the new store in the settings > payments menu; though it will not be possible to activate Braintree as a gateway on the new store in any circumstance - including via a developer.

If you're not already using it, I'd recommend checking out Shopify Payments. Whilst we subscriptions aren't possible just yet, we are actively working on it as we speak. I can't commit to a timeframe on this at the moment, but it is expected in the not too distant future. You can read more about the benefits of using Shopify Payments right here in the meantime: https://bit.ly/3laqeyH.

If subscription payments are something that can't wait, there are also other options available to you. Apps like Bold Subscriptions and Subscriptions by ReCharge are a great option to add subscriptions to your store.

Apart from adding subscriptions to your store, was there any other payment services Braintree offers that Shopify Payments doesn't? I'd love to pass on any feedback on your behalf to our payments team, as they are always on the lookout for new features to add for our merchants.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Bro,

You can follow these following steps:

1. Step 1: Authenticate undefined + undefined. (30 seconds)
  2. Step 2: Pick one of the apps as a trigger, which will kick off your automation. (15 seconds)
  3. Step 3: Choose a resulting action from the other app. ...
  4. Step 4: Select the data you want to send from one app to the other. ...
  5. That's it!

Best Regards:

Katana Swords For Sale

0 Likes