Can multiple Shopify stores in India link to one FB and IG account?

Gaurav_Mittal
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hey guys!

We are from India and since Shopify does not have Shopify Payments here, we have had to make two stores - Store 1 for Indian customers with a different payment gateway. Store 2 for international customers with Shopify Payments. We have a FB Business Manager, 1 FB Page and 1 IG Account. I have a few questions:

1. Can we connect both the stores to FB using Shopify's FB sales channel with 1 FB Page and 1 IG Account. The idea is simply to generate product catalogue and share data with FB. We do not intend to use FB Shop and IG Shop.

2. FB Shop & IG Shops aren't available in India. Can the FB Sales Channel still be connected with our Shopify India Store?

3. Can the Shopify's Geolocation App be used to redirect visitors to our other Shopify Store?

All this is soooo over whelming simply because Shopify refuses to introduce Shopify Payments here in India nor does it allow us to use the available payment gateways here for multi-currency checkouts. It's super frustrating.

Replies 5 (5)

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 484

Dear @Gaurav_Mittal 

Use Facebook Shopify app to connect with Facebook Channel.

Gaurav_Mittal
Excursionist
14 0 4

I just checked, FB App and Shopify Sales Channel are the same thing and we're using it already to connect to FB. This is where all the problems are happening.

Barnett4321
Excursionist
29 0 15

If your store is outside of a region which Facebook supports for Commerce Manager stores, you are unable to use the Shopify Facebook App.

I had this problem as well. The best part of it, was I already had a Facebook Commerce Manager Store and the Shopify app told me I needed to delete it before I could continue as it would create one for me. Once it deleted the Store and attempted to create it's own, it failed and said Stores are not available in my country.

I was able to re-enable this yesterday though, as I believe they've either fixed this issue, or now these Stores are available in my country.

Either way, if Facebook Commerce Manager stores are not available in your country (India) you might also be running in to this issue. It won't be an issue for Europe or America I assume, and I doubt Shopify ever tested this edge case.

Gaurav_Mittal
Excursionist
14 0 4

This is exactly what happened with us yesterday. We integrated everything but towards the end, it failed because it said Commerce Manager (FB & IG Shops) are not available in our region (India). We weren't even looking to set up shops on FB & IG. Just trying to connect to FB for data sharing, product catalogue and running ads. Now I don't know what to do? Does this mean that we cannot connect to FB? No more running ads on FB? How will we every get any sales on our store?

Barnett4321
Excursionist
29 0 15

Unfortunately Shopify never tests any of their products in regions which are not the US/CA it seems. 

Tons of Europeans complains about issues and if you're in asia or something else, it's even worse.