Connecting a Bluehost domain to Shopify

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello all,

I am trying to connect an existing Bluehost domain to Shopify, but the most current Shopify tutorials and Community discussions do not reference the current DNS page options in Bluehost.

First, I was able to change the A record to 23.227.38.65 in the "A (Host)" section in Bluehost. 

Next, in the CNAME section of Bluehost, there is no "www". Instead, www is also found in the A (Host) section.  Because of this, I am not allowed to change the current IP address for www to shops.myshopify.com because the A (Host) section only accepts IP addresses.  So I then try to add a new www record in the CNAME section, but I get the error message "...issue adding zone records.  Zone record not added...."

Any recommendations on how to solve this?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Updated:

I eventually figured out the issue and am updating this as a reference to other users with a similar need.

For some reason my www record was in the A (Host) section - not sure why?  I deleted the record from this section and then recreated it in the CNAME section.  The error message went away and the record was created successfully. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes