Connecting shopify to my subdomain

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am currently running a website ( www.xyz.com )on wordpress with my company information.

We have decided to launch a e-commerce store using shopify and setting up on a SUBDOMAIN. (shop.xyz.com)

Having followed all instructions to set up the CNAME and A Details using Cpanel. I still get an error when verifying the connection with shopify that says CNAME value is empty

If anyone has faced this issue and can resolve it for me. I would be happy to hire your services for the same.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 37 114

Hey, @mohitjet!

Not to worry, I can walk you through the process here. If your domain is currently hosted with WordPress, you can create a CNAME (subdomain) from within your domain hosting site, but thn add it as your primary domain within Shopify. So in this scenario, you would point this CNAME to 23.227.38.65 to make sure it is pointing to our servers. After that, you can log into the Shopify admin and go to Online Store > Domains > Connect an existing domain. Here, you can connect your domain (shop.xyz.com) and set it to be the primary domain within Shopify. If you have things set up correctly within your domain hosting site, you'll just need to hit the 'verify connection' button here:

18-49-2sons-s6w4i

Any domain changes can take up to 24 hours to propagate, so it may take a little time to show for you. Let me know what you think! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes