Connecting to G Suite?

LauraCorillon
1 0 0

Hi there!

I am trying to set up an email address linked to my domain name. I set up my shop and domain through shopify. Do I now need to transfer the domain (currently held by Tucows Domains) to Google Domains first? And then am I able to verify the domain with G Suite and set up my emails? 

Any help much appreciated, I am just unsure which stage I am at, and I don't want to transfer the domain without understanding if this is the right thing to do! 

Thanks in advance, 

Laura 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2557 334 522

@LauraCorillon 

To set up your Gsuite email, you will need to verify the domain with Google. It does not require that you transfer the domain to Google. The easiest route would be to use MX records which is outlined in Googles' help document here

Once you have added the required MX records and removed the password from your store, you should be able to verify the domain in order to complete the setup process for your email. 

Note: This only works if you have purchased a domain. The free ".myshopify.com" URL can not be used as the domain does not allow you to alter the DNS settings. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes