Why do I need to log in frequently to my accounts?

UglyBabyShop
Visitor
3 0 6

In the past, I was rarely asked to log into my Shopify accounts. I was able to log in and stay logged. Over the past month or so, I am continually asked to log in. Sometimes multiple times in a day.

It's obviously not a big deal, but I'd like to know what's going on and how to stop it. 

Replies 33 (33)

bhh
Shopify Partner
67 0 106

HA HA!  I just got logged out as I was trying to respond to this post!!  no, i am getting logged out constantly, and it IS a big deal.  Half the time when i log back in i get a "we'll be back soon" or it takes me to a page i've never seen.  This is BS, I don't have time to be constantly logging in and then having to navigate back to where I was.  This is happening on 4 different windows machines and a Mac, all with the latest version of Chrome.  Shopify's solution? re-install chrome on all the machines.... complete BS.

bhh
Shopify Partner
67 0 106

Here's the page i get:

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 11.08.51 PM.jpg

SchmilkChoc
Tourist
3 0 1

Did you ever figure this out?

Robert_McElaney
Tourist
3 0 3

Bump, been happening for a few months.

Robert http://dustrial.net

DesignerJoe55
Explorer
45 0 22

Same thing here. I get logged out at  least once a day. I've usually got multiple tabs open to different pages of the store. When I get logged out all of the extra tabs reset to the Home page once I'm logged in. Which means I have to navigate back to all of the pages I was working on. Sometimes I get the "We'll be back soon" page and have to close all Shopify tabs and open a fresh one to get it to work again. This is super annoying to be happening so frequently. 

Kakujo
Visitor
1 0 0

I've been having the same problem. It's so frustrating! I can barely complete an action before having to (clunkily, I might add) log back in!

hperl
Tourist
10 1 2

I am having the same problem. It started when we initiated Shopify Payments last week and had to also implement 2 step verification as a result. Very annoying! Getting logged out constantly throughout the day AND IT IS A BIG DEAL!

NEED HELP!

Kathy_Dannel_Vi
Tourist
7 0 4

Did you ever figure this out? Of course when I get logged out it is when I had worked a bit and go to save and nope...clicking cancel and begging the Admin Powers That Be does no good.

The Blissful Dog | Bringing Bliss to Your Dog Physically, Emotionally & Mentally Since 2002

ManuelLop
Shopify Partner
29 2 2

Same issue, Shopify should add a "Keep me logged in" option to users

bhh
Shopify Partner
67 0 106

Every aspect of Shopify has turned into complete shit this year.

TeaJewel
Visitor
2 0 4

The same issue is happening again. Whenever I try and change any product information - I need to re-login. Changes are not saved in between logins.

SchmilkChoc
Tourist
3 0 1

Did you ever figure it out? Same exact issue!

FishinGirl
Tourist
3 0 3

Has anyone been able to fix this? Just today I am taken back to the login screen with the "Choose an account to continue to Shopify" message. I only have one account. I verified my email, added a secondary email just in case. I have cleared my cache. I have not tried using a different browser (I use Firefox-and it just updated with a restart but did not fix the problem). Thank goodness I could fulfill orders and print shipping labels from my phone app or I wouldn't have gotten orders filled today. I hope this can be resolved quickly!

kevinkleine
Visitor
2 0 3

This is happening to me as well. Extremely annoying.
In my case it isn't once a day, but every time I click a menu item in the admin panel. Completely unusable. I removed cookies/localstorage etc, doesn't make a difference.

Chargeds
Visitor
1 0 4

Has this been fixed for you ?? Everything I click on take me to login page. I can't edit anything!

MacEllie
Visitor
2 0 5

Same problem here...Shopify: This is a HUGE problem! Isn't anyone from Shopify reading and addressing this issue? If not, then what is the use of a Forum anyway?

We are paying members....

Yo!

MacEllie
Visitor
2 0 5

If I use Opera as a webbrowser, I don’t experience the problem 🙏🏻

Yo!

kevinkleine
Visitor
2 0 3

@Shopify If you don't fix this I'll be forced to switch to Squarespace.

I CAN'T CHANGE OR SEE ANYTHING ANYMORE. CAN'T SEE THE CUSTOMERS, SALES ETC

FishinGirl
Tourist
3 0 3

I was able to fix this by using a different browser. I was using Firefox when I was having all those problems, and I started using Microsoft Edge when I need to log in to Shopify. I haven't had any issues so far since I have done that. Hope that helps someone!

Kespenguin
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

So this is just a thing now?!? I've never had this issue with Shopify in the last 8-10 years. Then suddenly today it's happened 15 times in the last hour.... Thinking now @Shopify can't stay logged in either to read or respond to any of this thread.

lokki54
Shopify Partner
41 0 9

Started happen with me today. Ask for login every 2-5 minutes browser firefox 109

What a BS

TwoSeas
Visitor
1 0 2

Same exact issue. Literally unusable. Pretty wild that this thread is 2.5 years old with no solution or even a peep from Shopify.

*For troubleshooting purposes: I can't use Firefox or Chrome... Instead I resort to Microsoft Edge to operate Shopify.

mertstark
Excursionist
10 0 4

Every single time I launch my browser I am asking to sign in to Shopify!!!!!! The same browser with all my passwords saved and Cache which used to work earlier. It also seems no one at SHOPIFY care as no competitive and solution oriented asnwers have been posted here by SHOPIFY STUFF. 

b3atcraft
Tourist
6 0 3

Same issue here. Happens both on Safari and Chrome. I use passkey to login and had no issues before but now it does not matter how I login it's always the same. Instead of improving Shopify is getting progressively worse 

AlewinePottery
Tourist
9 0 4

This just started happening to me today after over a year of no issues. Out of nowhere, I've had to log back in probably 15 times just to work through some tagging issues with our products. I go to view a product/collection and when I'm done, I try to go back to all products and bam, logged out.

LBB67
Excursionist
19 0 10

It has been an ongoing problem for me for about 6 months now I'm wondering if it is a compatibility conflict with Chrome constantly upgrading?

I have only been using Chrome for my back of house work. When I rarely use it on my iphone it seems ok. Might have to try a different browser. Oh and don't hold your breathe for a solution from Shopify many times I have asked for help on several matters and received nothing. The only time you hear from them is when they raise the prices 😞

bhh
Shopify Partner
67 0 106

hahaha, made me log in to click thumbs up...... when shopify sez POS, they mean it!

SurfShackSouth
Tourist
3 0 1

Another one here. I'll be bulk editing products and have to save every minute or so, and sometimes I don't get it in time and lose everything. It's been a few months but it's gotten worse...

LBB67
Excursionist
19 0 10

I feel your pain we can only hope that the Shopify staff read these posts and do something about it.

lokki54
Shopify Partner
41 0 9

they read and do nothing))). Welcome to the community

bubblewrapptoys
Tourist
5 0 15

Original thread is nearly 4 years old so they clearly don't give af about this issue. There are over a dozen different threads about this in the Shopify Discussions, Cloudflare chats, and Reddit. Shopify doesn't care, period. How long and how many users must be negatively impacted with devalued service while paying full price for a service that isn't operational as it's stated before you can sue... this is a joke.

LBB67
Excursionist
19 0 10

Correct!

I have so many more other admin issues that need to be addressed/fixed but what's the point.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Hi, everyone. I understand that it can be frustrating and inconvenient to be logged out of your admin, and I want to assure you that our developers are working on this. 

It's good to see that some of you were able to avoid being logged out by using a different browser. However, you should be able to use any of Shopify's supported browsers. We hope to have a solution implemented as soon as possible, though we aren't able to provide a timeline as this is a complex issue and will take time to improve. 

If you've already done basic troubleshooting on your own (such as checking for browser and system updates, and trying another browser), please contact Shopify Support via the Help Center so we can see if there is any other troubleshooting we can do specific to your account.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog