Contact Customer Service

Danielle2905
2 0 1

This is thee worst service in my life!! I tried to close this store before the invoice was due and it had an error. Do you know I still haven’t gotten any help!? This large company has no way of contact and it shouldn’t be legal at all! I want to close this store because of no help when needed but you can get it and I am NOT going to read discussions for help that is why they pay employees! I want this website closed ASAP and I don’t want nothing computer generated. This is horrible of a company and pretty sure they going to want to know why!  It’s bevau

Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 60 58

Hi Danielle,

My name is Shannon and I am a support advisor for Shopify. I understand that you want to close your store but were unable to because of a pending invoice and that you weren't able to connect with our live support team when you were looking for support in this. I really appreciate your feedback and letting us know that you did not find it easy to get the help you need. We always want our merchants to feel supported.

In regards to closing your store account, if you have a pending invoice on the store you won't be able to close the account until one of two things happens. First option, is to pay the outstanding bill, close the store account and then contact our live support (I'll share the steps for that below) for a review to see if you are eligible for a refund. The second option is that if the billing card on file does not have the funds at this time to pay for the outstanding bill, the system will attempt to charge the card 3 times over the next 28 days and if the bill is still unpaid the store will be closed automatically. If the store closes automatically there will be no more billing attempts on the account and no other action needs to be taken.

If you wish to chat with our live support about this or to resolve the bill and then reach out, you can do so by following this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support. You will be asked to sign into your store account, then you will search for your issue "Close store". At the bottom of the search results you will find a button to Contact Support and will be shown our available live support options. 

If you have any additional questions about your store billing please let me know.

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Danielle2905
2 0 1

Do you know I been trying to close this account before the invoice was due because I had a issue with my site? I’m not able to do something on my site so due to no help I wanted to close, I didn’t get an answer until Shopify charged me again. Why should I pay when I wasn’t able to get help and by then you charged. How fair is that. So now that I don’t want the account you going to continue to charge and I can’t put it on hold. So Shopify will bully you into a account you want to cancel? Well I will take this to the better business bureaus. You also have NO WAY easy for anyone that have issues to contact a person for HELP! If I have to take this to court I will because this company give no help, then BULLY a owner to keep the account and be in debt. I have asked many times to get out of this and again I’m being BULLIED against my own will to cancel an account. This is totally unethical as a business.

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 60 58

I am happy to assist you here Danielle if you are still unable to connect with our live support team using the steps I shared above. Can you let me know what the issue is when you attempt to close your store? Is it saying that there is a pending invoice, are you receiving an error message, are you unsure where the option to close your store is?

Please let me know and feel free to share any screenshots of what you are seeing if you are unsure as to why you are unable to close your store. The option to close your store can be found in your store admin under Settings > Plan. You will see a red button that says "Cancel Subscription". If you have any pending invoices for shipping fees or app charges those will need to be settled before the store can be closed. 

You can learn more about how to close your store and find a link to contact support in our Help Center document here: Cancel Subscription.

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
GloucesterGirl
1 0 0

Absolutely the worst customer service ever!!  Buyer beware be sure to check and double check your store accounts to be sure they are set up properly it’s been my experience with Shopify that most things are not as they appear on the surface. My store was set up under an employee email for ownership however no one there was none the wiser nor can they figure it out how to correct it, because it looks like the owner is correct but on the backend it’s a hot mess. I’ve spent 4 weeks on this issue. And after asking for the past two days for a supervisor and being given every run around possible I still have not resolved the issues. Obviously I’m at their mercy. Not the best decision we’ve made as a business but if this is how they treat their customers they don’t need our business. We will find a POS and Webstore host that actually provides customer service over the telephone. At least then we  won’t be emailing back and forth with someone that clearly doesn’t understand what the problem is and doesn’t bother to read the message that we have already sent. Having to repeat ourselves multiple times gets pretty frustrating. Additionally please note on the positive side, they couldn’t tell me this time that there was is an “app for that” or they would send it to their developers for future consideration. Oh Shopify!!!!! 

0 Likes
Janice5
1 0 0

Hello, i have the exact same problem. i have cancelled my subscription but i keep getting charged and it was renewed today and directly charged to my paypal. is it possible to have a refund on the annual renewal charge that i just got today? 

0 Likes