Solved

Contact Us Form Not Sending Email

monde
Shopify Partner
28 0 11

Hello!

I have set Contact Us page with the page.contact template. I have a form that seems to function, at least to the user as you can fill it in and hit the Submit button (you get a 'successfully submitted' message on the screen).

However the email does not sent, I have tried several times. Also deleting and creating the page again.

All my settings seem to be correct, the Customer email properly set too.

Please someone help me! Thank you 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)
GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone,

Are your stores currently on a paid shopify plan? I've worked on a few stores that the 'subscribe' and 'contact-us' page came up with the same 404 error currently on hellowcircus.com.

The problem solved itself once the store was out of development mode and onto a paid shopify plan.

Dan the web man - GCWebTeam.com | Shopify Partner | FB Partner | Google Partner Need help with your store or Google ads / social media marketing? Hire: gcwebteam.com

View solution in original post

Replies 186 (186)

Mikael_
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dan,

I'm also having issues with the Contact us -form.
I've tried your previous answers but I'm still not getting any emails! (Not sure if I've got them right though.)

Can you please help us too?

Url: www.mikenlemmikkitarvike.fi

We're using Gmail.

Thanks in advance!

Br
Mikael

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Mikael,

Your current TXT record of

v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:31.217.196.193 +ip4:31.217.196.194 +shops.shopify.com +_spf.google.com ~all

should be changed to

v=spf1 a mx +ip4:31.217.196.193 +ip4:31.217.196.194 include:shops.shopify.com include:_spf.google.com ~all

wait 48hrs for the update to get around the internet, then try again, msg me privately if there is still dramas

SMASH THE LIKES on posts !!!

🙂

Dan the web man - GCWebTeam.com | Shopify Partner | FB Partner | Google Partner Need help with your store or Google ads / social media marketing? Hire: gcwebteam.com

Mobel
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Dan,

I'm also having issues with the Contact us -form.
I've tried your previous answers but I'm still not getting any emails! (Not sure if I've got them right though.)

Can you please help us too?

Url: www.petsandcoshop.com

We're using Gmail.

Thanks in advance!

Mohamed

Sharoncarat
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

I am sharing this in case others run into this issue.  I have a client who wasn't getting the emails from the contact form. The issue was that the email had been added to Shopify's suppression list. You can see the response from Shopify below. You need to contact support in order to resolve the issue. 

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 8.31.17 PM.png

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Yes, as mentioned above too, but first make sure your settings and DNS are correct first ( which is why you were put on the supression list in the first place )

So, fix DNS and setup problems first in your store and domain, then ask to be removed from the secret supression list with shopify support. Otherwise you will just end up with bouncing emails back to shopify and back on the list again.

Sharoncarat
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

My settings were correct, and all CNAMES had been updated and verified. I'm posting to help other merchants who might be stuck as to why the form isn't working. It's not to ask for help. It took two escalations with Shopify support to fix the issue.

TruffleTable
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Dan,

I am having problems with my email aliases and the contact form on my website (www.truffletablescapes.co.uk) - I have tried to input the new TXT record you mentioned in this thread (the one for Outlook as this is the service I use to host my emails) however I am unsure if I have inputted it correctly and if I need to delete any other TXT records in order for the new one to work. I wonder if you could help please? See below - these are the TXT records I currently have on my DNS settings. Thank you😊

Name                                                                              TXT Value

_provider                                                             shopify
truffletablescapes.co.uk                                  v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all
@                                                                          v=spf1 a mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Only ONE TXT record for your domain,

so looking at

https://dnschecker.org/#TXT/truffletablescapes.co.uk

you can see that you currently have

v=spf1 a mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all

this needs to be edited to become

v=spf1 a mx include:shops.shopify.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all

then wait 48 hours for the world to update ( google dns propagation ), then test the contact form, if it works YAY, otherwise contact shopify supoport ( chat is faster ) and ask if your domain is on the "supression list" and ask to be removed. You only end up on the "supression list" if emails keep bouncing back to shopify ( something is wrong, most likely DNS settings ), so shopify gives up on sending emails ( from your contact form ), and just ignores contact enquiries, and shopify doesn't notify the store !!!

Smash the likes here !!!

🙂

TruffleTable
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you so much for such a quick response, Dan.

Can I just check if the 'Name' of the TXT record should be 'truffletablescapes.co.uk' or '@'? I will then change to the above TXT Value and hopefully it will work 😊

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

the "@", there is no need for a txt record on 'truffletablescapes.co.uk',  remove that.

And have ONLY a TXT record

@    TXT    v=spf1 a mx include:shops.shopify.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all

I'll try and contact you urgently, because now what you have is a bigger problem.

🙂

TruffleTable
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Dan,

I've messaged you via your website contact form using my personal email address as the truffletablescapes.co.uk aliases are still not working.

Thank you,

Kate

paul-furfolk
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Dan the web man,

First of all, thanks for fighting the good fight and sorting out so many of our issues here (over several years I see!).

Unfortunately we have the same issue on our contact form, and even Shopify official support doesn't seem to know what to do about it. Apparently we were on a suppression list but even after being lifted, the contact form doesn't work.

Our contact form is here: https://furfolk.com.au/pages/contact

I've tried a number of combinations of SPF settings to no avail.

Can you please have a look when you have a chance?

Thanks!

Paul

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Paul,

Your case is unique, I have PM'd you

🙂

mingoandco
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dan,

I'm having this same problem with my contact form not sending emails to my email address. 

My url is: www.mingoandco.co.uk

Are you able to help me please?

Thanks in advance

Lucy

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Minggoandco,

On your domain

mingoandco.co.uk

you need to add a txt record as follows;

v=spf1 a mx include:shops.shopify.com ~all

this allows the website / shopify to SEND emails ( the contact form results ) to you. Wait 48 hrs for the update to get around the world, google "dns propagation", then try again.

Your current TXT record is empty

Smash the likes on my posts,

🙂

Jamesonboard
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dan,

Please help with our website: https://dablacksmith.com/

I have added every TXT record you mentioned above, but still got nothing in my inbox.

Thank you

James

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

ONE TXT record with v=spf1 in it, not multiple, now wait for all your junk records to disappear for 48hrs, after you make ONE record of;

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

and retest, still not working after 48hrs? then ask shopify support to check & remove u from the infamous supression list, then retest. But currently with 3 records, its busted and will get you on that supression list ( because form emails  will keep bouncing back to shopify, too many bounce back = supression listed )

And smash the likes on my posts !!!!

🙂

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

only have ONE TXT record with v=spf1 in it, dont have multiple

AndyLis
Visitor
2 0 0

GC Web Team,

I've read this post couple times and I've tried all mentioned solutions.

Non of them worked for me. I had multiple spf1 records at my DNS setup page and remove them now. No change. Contact Us is still not sending emails. The URL is shinypantry.com

my mail is with zoho and my spf1 now is v=spf1 include:zoho.com a include:dc-8e814c8572._spfm.shinypantry.com ~all

Is this correct?

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Andy, for you the correct TXT is;

v=spf1 a mx include:zoho.com include:dc-8e814c8572._spfm.shinypantry.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

as ONE spf record on your doamin, change to above, wait 48 hours and test again.

Still not working after 48hrs? then ask shopify support to check & remove u from the infamous supression list, then retest. But currently its not right and will likely get you on that supression list ( because form emails will keep bouncing back to shopify, too many bounce back = supression listed )

And smash the likes on all my posts !!!!

Everyone else, PM me or contact thru my webpage below is better. Too many 1 off corrections doesn't help everyone.  🙂

AndyLis
Visitor
2 0 0

Had to contact shopify customer service after correcting spf. All fixed now.

Thank you Dan.

sodisstudio
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Are you able to assist us as well? Our website's contact page hasn't been working for a while. Not sure if it is our theme or it is a DNS issue? Thank you

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Direct from Shopify ...

** FYI Supression list **

Email notifications can go to the suppression list for a variety of reasons, even if it's a new store that has never sent email before. Here are some possible reasons:

* Email address is invalid: If the email address is invalid or no longer in use, the email will bounce back and be added to the suppression list.

* Email is marked as spam: If the email is marked as spam by the recipient, it can trigger spam filters and cause future emails to be added to the suppression list.

* Email is not relevant: If the email is not relevant to the recipient or is sent too frequently, they may mark it as spam or unsubscribe, which can cause future emails to be added to the suppression list.

* Email is flagged by email providers: Email providers like Gmail or Yahoo may flag emails as spam or suspicious if they contain certain keywords or phrases, which can cause future emails to be added to the suppression list.

* Technical issues: Technical issues with email servers or email clients can also cause emails to be added to the suppression list.

The ONLY WAY to check if your store is one the supression list ( and no emails are being actually sent by the store ) is to contact Shopify support ( chat is fine ) and ask if you are on the supression list, and ONLY they can remove you. Until the next incident above then you will go back on again.

Smash the likes if this helped, or PM me if you need any help on anything shopify and your store.

🙂

etienne21
Explorer
51 2 28

Your tips helped me a lot! Thanks Dan,

this is golden: include:shops.shopify.com

My hoster also suggests adding the DKIM keys to the DNS. But it already works again so far.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

happy it helped, SMASH THE LIKES !!!!!

🙏🙏🙏

etienne21
Explorer
51 2 28

I tried adding the DKIM to my email hoster too, but that broke things down again. So only the DNS include is sufficient. (My setup is Shopify => Namecheap => local email hoster)

etienne21
Explorer
51 2 28

Actually, I am not receiving anything anymore. I received some Contact Form notifications but no longer (tpaviationart.com).

My domain is at namecheap, but email is stored at a dutch hoster.

I wonder if the DKIM and TXT SPF records as well as DMARC should be removed from NameCheap and only be put at my Dutch mail hoster.

Thanks

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Remove DKIM, remove DMARC. Keep

v=spf1 a mx include:shops.shopify.com ip4:195.211.72.0/22 ip4:141.138.168.0/21 ip6:2a03:3c00:a001::/48 ip6:2a03:3c00:a002::/48 ~all

with all that spaghetti,  then wait a few hours for the world to update ( DNS propagation ) then open a chat to shopify support and remove your store / domain off the "supression list" again ( cause you broke it and likely added yourself again to santas naughty list).

Forget about what your provider says. DKIM DMARC  ignore IMHO if you want a functional shopify form and to stay on Santa nice list ( off the shopify supression list ). You had it working before you added it !!

Then smash ALL my posts with likes and everyone will be happy, and good karma spreads around the world.

👍

teaganpaige
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi GCWebTeam,

Could you please review our DNS settings for nookcollections.com.au, our contact form was working and now it isn't? 

Appreciate your posts & assistance!!

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Teagan ,
v=spf1 a mx include:shops.shopify.com include:_spf.google.com include:_spf.mx.cloudflare.net ~all

this as the ONLY TXT spf record, wait 48 hours, then hit up chat shopify support to "ask to remove from supression list"  then BINGO. Do in chat so they can check, remove , test all at the same time. If they are getting an error back, let me know what it is.

MX cloudflare ?? thats new

Smash the likes cockroach !!  hahah

🐸🐸🐸

antona
Not applicable
2 0 0

Hi, my contact form isnt working either! My website is https://www.joujou.com.au

Thanks

olreshetniak
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

thank you for your help to all of us

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Olreshetniak,  contact form only works from a paid shopify plan, that dev store contact form will never work my friend. Once you start a paid plan, and connect a domain, then we can look at getting the contact emails ( to your email host.

🙂

jack0five
Excursionist
13 0 6

Exactly the same problem!!!

Have been selling in my shopify's shop for these last 3 years with more than 50.000 visitor and never received any message from the form!!! Just seen today that it has never worked and all is configurated correctly.

With all the people having this same problem, Shopify team really should act to solve this problem!!! It's totally unbearable.

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

Understand that the problem isn't entirely shopify, its your email host has made tighter restrictions on WHO CAN SEND EMAILS FROM YOUR DOMAIN. So when ur shopify  store ( what is your URL so i can help ??? )   tries to send an email, your email host rejects receiving the email. So shopify gets the email bounceback, so stops sending all together ( after repeated bouncebacks - rejections from your email hosting ).
Whats your store URL so I can help ?

🙂

jack0five
Excursionist
13 0 6
Hi,

Everything is perfectly ok with my email hosting (ionos).
I can receive any mail passing through them and from any other form
plateform (wordpress, prestashop,...) using the same email adress.
So, please don't tell me it's my host responsability. All the more that I
receive the test email when I try it from my shopi account but never
receive nothing from the form?! So, right now I have desactivated the form
not ti loose more contacts from customers.
I accept you to help me but if you want to do it, just find the rigjt
issue. Thanks.

My shop :
Mototrust.net

GCWebTeam
Shopify Partner
158 13 170

JackofFive,

Your current TXT record is;

v=spf1 include:_spf-eu.ionos.com ~all

please change this to

v=spf1 a mx include:_spf-eu.ionos.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

this allows the shopify website to send emails.

then wait 48 hours for the world to update ( google dns propagation ), then test the contact form, if it works YAY, otherwise contact shopify supoport ( chat is faster ) and ask if your domain is on the "supression list" and ask to be removed. You only end up on the "supression list" if emails keep bouncing back to shopify from your email provider  ( something is wrong with your setup, most likely your current DNS settings ), so shopify gives up on sending emails ( from your contact form ), and just ignores contact enquiries, and shopify doesn't notify the store !!!

ALSO, consider
https://dmarcian.com/yahoo-and-google-dmarc-required/

you have not done the DMARC  setup, this requires DKIM too. Chat to your email host, new email filtering that began in February 2024 from Google and Yahoo ( most likely Microsoft )  hosted emails will reject / ignore all emails coming into Google / yahoo / Microsoft from domains without DMARC. You probably dont even realise your emails are being ignored to these clients yet.

Also, make sure you have Shopify Store Dash >> Settings >> Notifications    and you have done the authentication for the sender emails in your store to send as your email address ( then customers can reply directly to you ), otherwise it sends as "shopifyemail" or something and customers reply to a black hole ( you never get those emails back ).

Let me know if you need a hand and you can hire me, this is all above the scope of free support in the forum.

Happy to help

🙂