Continue Shopping button on the Checkout Page

FP
1 0 0

Wanted to do a app that goes directly to the checkout page when a customer adds an item to their cart but want a continue shopping button on that page.  Did some reasearch but I do not have a checkout.liquid page in my code. Is there anyway to do this?  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 18 83

Hi, FP.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

Manipulating the code of a checkout page within Shopify is not something that you have much access to unless you are a Shopify Plus account. The reason for this, is so we can make sure checkouts meet security compliances as that's where important information is entered and buyers are directed to their payment gateways. 

• For more about what you can edit and change within your checkout head to Settings > Checkout and feel free to review this doc.

Have you thought about adding a continue shopping button to your cart page instead? This is the last page most shoppers would see before continuing to the checkout! Some themes have this option built-in (like these), so you could add it by adjusting the options in your theme editor (Online Store > Themes > Customize). Otherwise, you might find that this tutorial - Add a 'Continue shopping' link to your cart page is useful. 

In terms of apps, most options offer pop-ups with a continue shopping and checkout option, like these; About One‑Click Checkout and Globo Straight to Checkout.

I hope that this helps explain some options a bit more! If you have any follow up thoughts or want to share the approach you took and get some feedback, please let us know.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

KieranR
Shopify Partner
300 24 93

Even without access to /checkout/ there is plenty of scope to test different functionality, copy and layouts from the product page CTA button/s, popups, fly-in carts, /cart/ pages etc. 

Also, an app for this sounds like overkill. A button like that should literally be a couple lines of liquid code if you set it up properly. Also - all those touchpoints in the checkout flow are a great target for A/B testing.

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
0 Likes
DMount
1 0 0

hey guys, is there a way to add Continue Shopping or Home button to the checkout pages? My main menu completely disappears when I go through the checkout process which is a poor user experience for customers as they cant navigate back to the shop page if they have forgotten something. 

0 Likes