Conversion Rate Optimization Help

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi everyone, 

I have run some ads to my store and have got a total of 2 sales the ad spend to get those two sales has been at a loss. The adverting is also on cold traffic so i would figure a little lower conversion rate but not this low. The conversion rate is super low and I don't know what I should do to engage customers more and get them to buy. My google analytics account also says that my store has about a 90% bounce rate so i need help figuring out what i'm doing wrong. Please respond with some helpful ideas

Store -- https://thesafeshoe.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
206 38 47

Hello @Joshua2020,

Your store contains only one product page. That page is not attractive. Make your header smaller So that more information has been shown without scrolling. Why are you missing the right area? it can be used for engaging the customer. Your product description come after scrolling.  Add urgency timer at product page.  Us attractive color to make your page attractive  xyz.jpg

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
212 28 34

Hi, @Joshua2020!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Glad to hear that you're actively working on improving your strategies. It's great that you're open to feedback!

I wanted to start with a quick mention that although you have a simple page, this won't necessarily turn people away from adding to cart. It would be ideal to add an email capture tool on your site whether that is capturing emails on the footer or through a pop-up. You can add a bit more pizzaz if you want to the product page, but you don't have to just yet.

The first thing about conversions is that your customers will be introduced to your brand via advertising, search results, social media or a few other touchpoints. This means that your cold traffic will not know anything about your brand or site yet.

This is where sales/marketing funnels are key to understand. You have a great understanding that cold traffic will be more expensive and harder to convert. That's why you need to warm them up before going for the end goal (sale).

The first step to doing that is determining exactly the finer details of who your customer is. This will help you produce better social posts and content on your site that interests them.

Here are 3 short guides that can help you figure out the characteristic details of your target customer:

Once you determine that profile, you'll need to warm the audience up with content that is valuable to them. I recommend adding blog entries to your site that would help solve a problem your target customer experiences. Don't forget that your social media is also equally important.

Value creates trust and informs your audience of who you are and what you bring to the table for them. This is one of the easiest ways to warm up the audience and convert them later.

I'd love to continue this conversation here! If you don't mind answering a couple of questions for me, this will help me better understand your business so I can provide a better-customized response for you.

• What ad objectives did you select for your ads?
  • Do you have an example of what your ad looked like?
  • Who was your target when you ran your ads?
  • Do you have a screenshot of your conversion results for the past 30 days? More specifically your Add to Cart rate?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi @Lilith 

Thanks for your input, my ad objective was set to run traffic and it was about 10 cents for a landing page view. I was just targeting men ages 18-50 in the US so i had very broad targeting but that campaign provided 2 sales but at a loss. I was turning on and off my ad every once in a while because i was changing my store a little. the ad was basically just the video that the aliexpress page provides https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33004799678.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.380657c93pfFNz&algo_pvid=...

Heres the link that the video is, I changed the video a bit so there is no random Chinese writing and so there is some different text in it.

and heres a screenshot of the conversions but the data is a little off because i made a test purchaseCapture.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
212 28 34

Thanks for the extra information! This is very helpful, I appreciate you checking on that.

One of the things you want to avoid is to toggle your ads on and off to frequently on Facebook. This will reset the optimization process. Try to get your site ready first and then run ads when you feel the site is ready for visitors.

The targeting is a bit broad, you're right on that. However, you're on the right track! Definitely take a peek at those target customer guides I linked in my previous reply to help you narrow things down a bit. Remember that also 18-20 year olds normally don't have a credit card or the spending power for impulse buys. You'll want to narrow things down to fit an exact brand. Questions you want to think about for branding:

• What is your brand about and who are you speaking to with your brand?
  • What does your brand stand for and what is unique about you versus a competitor?
  • What problem does your product solve and who has this problem?

For your ad content, use something original and not found anywhere else. Some of these might be product photos that you take yourself. This means you'll want to order your product. When you order it you'll be able to determine the following as well:

• Time it takes to deliver the order (how long your customers would wait).
  • Packaging that it comes in (the unboxing experience for the customer).
  • Quality of the product (potential future customer feedback)
  • Supplier service quality (handling future exchanges or returns with your supplier)

From your conversion funnel in your screenshot, it appears that maybe that the customer you're targeting isn't quite hitting the right area yet. If you find that your Add to Cart is less than 8% while selling items around $50 or less, then this would likely be that some adjustments need to be made to target the right customer first before you can get sales.

Layer some interests for your customer target as well as mentioned in the links from my previous reply. Not every man that's aged 18-50 wants or needs running shoes. It's ideal for you to narrow by interest and behaviors as well that match your brand and product's solutions.

If you're a beginner at advertising on Facebook, I would highly recommend using their Power5 to start. This helps optimize things easily using their algorithm automatically without needing to watch over the ad sets as we used to in years past.

Using this will give you time to focus on content and adding value. Use your blog and social media to post valuable content and a lot less promotional content. Nurture your potential customers to build sustainable growth so that your marketing will cost significantly less in the long run.

Do you have any ideas of what type of content you're going to create for your site (i.e. blog) or for your social media?

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hello, as regarding your post, I can tell you have an issue with conversion, I can build a highly converting funnel for you, that is if you haven't gotten a solution yet. if you are interested you should send me an Email: okundiamicheal@gmail.com 
0 Likes