Conversion Rate

Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

I have had 1.37k visitors with a conversion rate of  0.07.How is that even possible when I just launched on 6/19? The traffic is apparently there, but I need more buyers.I am wondering if this a good thing or bad thing.Somebody help.

www.roseonnanaturals.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
263 27 45

Hi @Roseonnanatural

Hyde here from Shopify. That's interesting! I'm curious as to where your customers are coming from. It might be worth looking at your Analytics section and looking at your traffic and social sources. Is one source seeing more traffic than the others? Do you have a paid advertising campaign happening on one of the channels (like Facebook Ads, for example)?

20-06-kr0wg-x0usg

I would recommend taking some safety precautions, to ensure you're not subject to a chargeback made from a fraudulent order, just in case. Here is some more information on chargebacks for you to go over. Really with any online store your best recourse is preventative: trying to prevent orders being placed on your store that are potentially fraudulent.

Your best way of doing this is a combination of Shopify's own fraud analysis algorithm, which cross-references billing and shipping addresses with card details and names to try to ascertain the credibility of the buyer, your own investigative efforts by using our Fraud Prevention Tips, and using the Fraud Filter app.

Another thing you could try doing is ensuring you are manually authorizing your orders, instead of doing it automatically. This will give you the opportunity to have a look at the order to see if anything seems off to you. You could cross-reference with the fraud prevention tips I listed above. You'd change this setting by going to Settings > Payments:

20-06-yh7wj-kvdmt

You could then once again place details from the suspicious orders into your Fraud Filter app. 

If you're based in the US, you may also be eligible for our Fraud Protect feature, which is a type of insurance against chargebacks. Only businesses that meet certain criteria are eligible for Fraud Protect. For example, your business must be based in the United States and must use Shopify Payments. If you see a Fraud Protect section on the Shopify Payments page in your Shopify admin, then you are eligible for Fraud Protect.

I hope this all helps, but do let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Hello,

I let the system manually process orders.I forgot to mention that I have had 7 orders that were processed correctly.I do have fbook ads,goggle ads and Instagram ads as well.Looks like most comes from Facebook ads.Most are direct traffic.

0 Likes