Conversions - what did they search in google?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi

hoping someone can help me out! I have Shopify analytics, google ads and google analytics. 

my orders so far have all been from google ads. I want to know what these specific conversions/orders searched in google before they clicked on my site. Is there a way to do this?

at the moment I can only see total impressions/clicks but want to drill down specifically to the people buying.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Did anyone have any advice on this? Would be hugely grateful! Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
714 106 265

Yes this is possible and a few ways to do it. Probably easiest to do within Google Ads.

1st - Make you you have conversion tracking set up correctly in Google Ads (Tools & Settings - Measurement - Conversions). You should see numerous options in there as to what you want to class as a conversion. You want the purchase related category ones (you may only have one called "Transactions", all depends what type of ads you are running)

2nd - Once you have the above working and you can see some numbers under "All conversions" you can then go to Reports - Pre-defined reports - Conversions - Conversions Source (you can choose any of them really as we are going to change them)

3rd - Whilst in that report, in the top right hand corner you will see "Columns". Click that and it will bring up all the different dimensions you can add/filter the report by. In your case add "Search Keyword" by selecting it on the left and dragging it into the report. Then delete the "Source" column.

That should they give you sales by keyword. You can then add more things to that report such as conversion value etc. You can then save that report/set up a scheduled run of it.

Hope that all makes sense.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it! I will give this a go and see how I get on, cheers!! 

0 Likes