Copy testimonials section from the "debut" template to another template

Highlighted
Excursionist
33 1 1

Hi there,

I opted for the "brooklyn" template as it was corresponding for most of it for what I was looking for.

However I would like a testimonials section on my home page. 

So I tried to copy the code from the debut template from my template adding a new section when editing the code.

However the section is showing like this (1) on my brooklyn template and not like this (2) on the debut template.

Could you help?

Many thanks,

1.png22.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello ,

In your code icon-quote snippet is not available thats why getting error.

Please add that snippet.

For every theme there is different css for each section.

So that css may not be available in debut template.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 1 1

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Could you tell me which snippet I have to add in the brooklyn template, section "quotes.liquid".

As a testimonial section was available on the debut template, I tried to copy the "quotes.liquid" code from the debut template in the brooklyn template by creating a section "quotes.liquid" and pasting the code there.

I believe Shopify offers the flexibility to add a testimonial section in each template theme, in my case the brooklyn template. 

Thanks for getting back to me,

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 1 1

Hi there,

Please let me know when you have answer.

Looking forward to receiving it.

Thanks a lot,

0 Likes
Highlighted

You have to add snippet called icon-quote.liquid file not section.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 1 1

Hi there,

If I add the icon-quote snippet from the debut them in the brooklyn theme, I don't see I can add the the testimonial section when clicking on add a section.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i already add the icon-quote.liquid i updated the code see below :

<svg width="20" height="20"aria-hidden="true" focusable="false" role="presentation" class="icon icon-quote" viewBox="0 0 41 35"><path d="M10.208 17.711h6.124v16.332H0V21.684C0 8.184 5.444.956 16.332 0v6.125c-4.083 1.14-6.124 4.414-6.124 9.82v1.766zm24.498 0h6.124v16.332H24.498V21.684C24.498 8.184 29.942.956 40.83 0v6.125c-4.083 1.14-6.124 4.414-6.124 9.82v1.766z" fill="#000" fill-rule="evenodd"/></svg>

how can i a have a disposition in column testimonials next to each other like in debut theme ? thks

capture4.JPG

0 Likes