Copycat

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have found someone has copied my website from approx 4 weeks ago, is using my copy and product photography (which I paid for) and is even copying my Google adverts.

Is there a course of action anyone can advise when someone does this? Like is there a way to contact Shopify to get the other website taken down? Is there a way to contact Google to get the ads taken down? How can I get the persons details so I can hand them to my solicitor?

I have no issues with the competition of someone else selling the same product(s) as me however completely copying everything and stealing my stuff is just being a d*ck.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
492 41 65

Hey, @xtheonex!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you've found a site that's copying your content, and I absolutely appreciate how this is a concern. In order to have stolen content removed from online services such as Shopify and Google, sufficient evidence must be submitted to prove the content is your property. I have a few resources for you to check out which can help you with the next steps. Here are some links where you can submit takedown requests to Shopify and Google: 

You may also want to check out the DMCA site here, which can help with removing online content. I hope this information and these resources help!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes